What's the oldest club in your bag?

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Ram Zebra putter - it must be the 20th anniversary around now. It's the only putter I have ever bought since I joined a golf club and the only other one I used was with a 3/4 set of clubs I bought a while before.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 1156

I've bought loads of new stuff but my bag is full of old favourites. 3 wood dates back about 7 or 8 years, irons are X14 Pro series circa 2001, wedges are over 5 years old, putter similar age. Just bought an old TM Mid rescue off the bay which is similar era to my irons.
Lots of new gear in the garage but none of it seems to perform as well as the old stuff :unsure:

Edit: Just read all the other posts, couple of people still using the TM Mid rescue, best hybrid I've ever tried. Had one years ago when they first came out but it got lost over the years so had to replace it as couldn't find anything as good.

TH63

Hacker
Visit site
My old Ping One iron.

Used to be my go to "hit the fairway at all costs" club. These days I don't find it so easy to hit

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
My Rife Hybrid 2 bar mallet putter. About 10 years old. The only thing that could replace it would be my MacGregor V-Foil M6.4K GT putter which is about 13 years old.
However in my holiday/winter bag I've a set of Maxfli Revolution midsize irons which I would guess are about 15+ years old.

Last edited:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Either my xhot 4w or Wilson staff FG tour wedges

Most important and longest serving tool is my Tesco stainless mini flask for cold season golf, it’s been in the bag for around 12 years and is my go too every season. Mrs socks threatened to replace it one Christmas... by a return offer I said I’d replace her at the same time

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Either my xhot 4w or Wilson staff FG tour wedges

Most important and longest serving tool is my Tesco stainless mini flask for cold season golf, it’s been in the bag for around 12 years and is my go too every season. Mrs socks threatened to replace it one Christmas... by a return offer I said I’d replace her at the same time
The one in my bag was given to me by my Father in Law when I first joined my club some 12 years ago but certainly a lot older than that. Always in my bag and a favourite with my playing partners.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
my 2 hybrid, Callaway Xhot 2 pro, which i think came out in 2013, would be the oldest in the bag, though in summer it would be the 2 iron, which is 2007

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Callaway x-12 1 iron, model released around 1997 but I guess this specific club has seen little action before I bought it in 2016, removing my 3w to give it a go at RCD, it got a firm place in the bag from day one as it goes so well off the tee or fairway.
I had a set of X-12's back in 1997 before they were released in the UK, a colleague was travelling in USA and got him to pick them up for me, stiff graphite black shafts etc, they were great clubs for their time.

OOB

Medal Winner
Visit site
My Howson putter, bought from a short lived golf store on the outskirts of Darlington Town Centre back in the early 1990's. Makes it 25 years old. Still own the irons I bought 2nd hand back then, they must be from the late 70's/early '80's

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Titleist 910 3 wood.

Not for long though as just waiting for a Taylormade M4 3 wood to arrive, with a Project X Evenflow
shaft. Hopefully club will be as good as M4 driver with same shaft.

sunshine

Visit site
I've bought loads of new stuff but my bag is full of old favourites. 3 wood dates back about 7 or 8 years, irons are X14 Pro series circa 2001, wedges are over 5 years old, putter similar age. Just bought an old TM Mid rescue off the bay which is similar era to my irons.
Lots of new gear in the garage but none of it seems to perform as well as the old stuff :unsure:

Edit: Just read all the other posts, couple of people still using the TM Mid rescue, best hybrid I've ever tried. Had one years ago when they first came out but it got lost over the years so had to replace it as couldn't find anything as good.

Hello, first post.

I still have two TM Mid rescues from 2005. Legendary clubs. Originally bought the 2 hybrid (16 degrees loft) to bridge the gap between 5 wood and 3 iron, but actually it went as far as the 5 wood but like a bullet on a more penetrating trajectory. So I then got a 4 hybrid (22 degrees) to bridge the gap and replace the 3 iron. It still flies much further than my 4 iron but I think with advances in technology there are more forgiving clubs out there today.

They used to do a TP version with less loft, no offset and stiffer stock shafts. Incredible club for hitting "stingers" but not a club for a "bad swing day".