What's the most under par round you've seen?

Airlie_Andy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played in the comp this morning and putting my score in on the computer I noticed the best score of the day so far was a nett 56 (par 70). A 15 handicapper shot a gross 71. Now that is some scoring and as a similar level handicap myself I know I'm nowhere near being able to shoot 1 over gross.

So what's the most under par score you've seen in a comp?

Oh and I'm not suggesting any sort of banditry by the way.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Played in the comp this morning and putting my score in on the computer I noticed the best score of the day so far was a nett 56 (par 70). A 15 handicapper shot a gross 71. Now that is some scoring and as a similar level handicap myself I know I'm nowhere near being able to shoot 1 over gross.

..hang on till I pull up a chair:smirk:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If I remember rightly, about 12/13 years ago I played in a Medal with a guy off 20. I was off 10.
I shot 75

So did he...

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
I had a nett 62 once off 5 , 4 under gross. Never been near it since although I was 2 under for a long time a few medals ago until the bottle crashed! Seen a few 59's but nothing better

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Gross 70 Net 61 on Par 71 SSS 72 - in a comp!:whoo:

Eagle and 2 Birdies. So solid rather than spectacular. Score would have been better if my Fellow Competitors had known Rule 27 better! They found my ball within the 5 mins but didn't tell me before I hit the 2nd one because they thought heading back to the tee meant I'd declared it lost!

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk

Par 70 and a 15 hc shoots 71 gross...............Bang bang.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Played with a 17 year old 2 handicapper a few times and his scores where as follows...

-4 on the Derby
-2 on the PGA
And we played a round where he shot +2 from the Blue tees on the Brabazon (the starter nearly stopped him playing from the blues aswell as you apparently need to be on tour and show your card)

All gross scores

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
In this years county champs, in the 2nd round a lad stood on the 18th tee just your 9under par!!!!!

Sadly a bogey made it a measly 8 under for a net 7under.

Now, THAT is good golf

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played with a 17 year old 2 handicapper a few times and his scores where as follows...

-4 on the Derby
-2 on the PGA
And we played a round where he shot +2 from the Blue tees on the Brabazon (the starter nearly stopped him playing from the blues aswell as you apparently need to be on tour and show your card)

All gross scores

He also went round the pga -6 last week (little git)

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
65 is lowest I have witnessed first hand, off the white tees. Course around 6900 yards. That is gross 65. Par 72 (SSS is 73, but it doesn't really matter). 9 birdies and 2 bogies. Easy game really. Same player had shot 64 around the same course with half a set. Lively.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
a young lad at my place shot gross 66 in last weeks medal. He's 14 but small for his age, but was off 3 at the time for a net 63 and the CSS was 73 ) par 71... now that is good scoring as there were some very tricky pin positions.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played with a fella on Saturday who shot a 4 over 72 for 45 points off 13, only to equal his feat yesterday myself. Shot a 72 (4 over) off 16 for the equivalent of 48 points. Had two 7's in there too! (both par 4's) so more than happy. 4 birdies on the back 9, which is a first for me.

Played a match play match a few months ago and the guy I played shot 67 to beat me on the 18th. That was some golf he played, it was great to watch.