Whats the earliest you've been on the range?

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
I was up at 6am and went up the practice field and I plan on doing it more often as well! It was great, no worrying if I pick anyone else ball up, no stupid range mats, no rushing home from work to have 20 minutes of light. It soon woke me up as well - working on what the pro said in my lesson last week, I'm now buzzing for my round at linden hall on Saturday now!

What is the earliest you've been up the range or on the field?

IMG_0521.jpg

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I must admit I am not an early bird. I am much more likely to be the last one standing come nightfall than the first one to show up. Don't think I've ever been at the range before 8.30 am (and only if I have an early tee time in a comp and want to warm up). I really could not imagine going there before work.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like the idea of practising before work in the Summer. My club is only 2 minutes from my house so its a real possibility, however, In reality, I'll wake up knackered and decide to have the extra 45 minutes sleep and go down to the club after work.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sad as it might sound I have actually been on the range before its light enough to see the flag about 100 yards away and have hit balls before I can see them land.

Good thing about it is your all by yourself.

The reason being I could park my car till 8am for free.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
5am.
I couldn't sleep, so hit the range with morning fog and the ball disappeared from sight after 30yds, after an hour of this it started to lift, the sun was shinning, and still a hint of ground mist covering the course, but it was a sight to behold, with the clubhouse looking amazing next door was my sleeping accommodation The Dormy house with my pp still asleep.

Welcome to Royal Lytham St Anne's.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Seen myself teeing off at 4am in the summer before, me and my mates would stay up all night and then go and play. Great times!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
range wise not that early, but been on the course just before 4am before in summer.

my brother and his mates used to reg to to Batchwood nightclub and then when they got kicked out go on the course. There were not always first on the tee either!!

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Regularly on the practice area at 5.30 in the summer, in the lead up to the season Iv been there waiting on first light before. During summer I'm on the putting green a few times a week at 6.15 before I go to work.

S17er

Club Champion
Visit site
Planning to start playing a dozen or so holes at first light later this year before getting home for 7.00am and then getting ready for work

I'm not 100% sure but I think there might be some sort of policy of not playing before 7am though I'm pretty sure a small number of people do it.

I'm friends with head greenkeeper and he said no issues as long as give greenstaff priority which I think is a given anyway.