whatever makes your game better, JUST DO IT ;)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
tiger slipping in nikes tag line! I couldn't agree more!

[video=youtube;rVXG8IafXs8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVXG8IafXs8[/video]

listen to 20secs to 60secs.

do any of you do things that go against the current teachings that you find works best for you?

the main thing I do is when playing a chip and run shot is that I grip the club quite tightly. I have even experimented with squeezing the handle and this doesn't make me hit the shot any worse. if I grip too lightly the club can snag in semi rough or I fail to judge the distance well enough.

I also putt slightly elbows out and grip tighter than is recommended. I feel I have better control over the putter head when gipping like this.

interested to hear if any of you go you own way, be it bunker shots, putting, fairway woods, whatever!

TheClaw

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Cheers, quite enjoyed the video.

I thought when I started out that I could do a lot of it my way e.g. Tried the old headcover under the armpit drill and when it didn't feel right I just left it. Big mistake. I'm now doing things a lot more by the book and I'm playing much better.

My putting stance is a bit different though - I like to open my stance and keep my left arm much straighter than the right. Stops my left wrist from doing anything.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My putting stance is a bit different though - I like to open my stance and keep my left arm much straighter than the right. Stops my left wrist from doing anything.

you are in good company. kuchar does the same.

[video=youtube;-Inie1wCvGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Inie1wCvGI&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-Inie1wCvGI&has_verified=1[/video]

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My swing is unorthordox but it is mine and I own it. I try and keep the short game and putting as simple as possible though. With my short game woes it is the best way forward. Lots of unusual ways of getting the job done, both in pro ranks and the low single figure guys at your club. Do what works best for you

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My swing is unorthordox but it is mine and I own it. I try and keep the short game and putting as simple as possible though. With my short game woes it is the best way forward. Lots of unusual ways of getting the job done, both in pro ranks and the low single figure guys at your club. Do what works best for you

very much so. anytime I see someone chipping I always watch to see their technique. there is a million and one ways to do it but great fun to seek out new methods.

I am surprised more people haven't added their quirks to this as its obvious how different two players can be.