What YOUTUBERS?

RichA

Visit site
Anyone else find James Robinson utterly loathsome? Had a quick nosey at his other pile of Pooh channel “offcoursewiththerobinsons” - what a pile of rubbish. Think he just comes across as a right arrogant plonker. From what I can see he’s not a great player and an even worse coach! I find my self continuing to subscribe just to click the dislike button every day - childish, yes I know ?
I think he seems ok. The reviews are often interesting. He doesn't pretend to be any kind of guru, unlike others. Leaves his bad shots in.
I have no interest in his other channel, but fortunately I'm not forced to watch any of it.
It's all pretty harmless and I can't fault anyone who's a little creative to try and make an honest living. Probably just trying to make a decent future for himself.

eddie_1878

Visit site
Anyone else find James Robinson utterly loathsome? Had a quick nosey at his other pile of Pooh channel “offcoursewiththerobinsons” - what a pile of rubbish. Think he just comes across as a right arrogant plonker. From what I can see he’s not a great player and an even worse coach! I find my self continuing to subscribe just to click the dislike button every day - childish, yes I know ?

Yeah, not a fan. It always seems as though he’s trying too hard to be a funny man- he fails miserably.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
What an absolute loathsome bellend this guy is - a keyboard warrior in the flesh.

I feel the same. Whether you like them or not, ultimately, the likes of Shiels, Finch and Robinson are harmless infotainment. So following their every move and making videos taking the mick out of their videos strikes me as absolutely pathetic.

And the people who comments on his videos "oh yeah, I can't stand them any more, I never watch their videos now" - surely they see the irony in watching a video of someone watching a video they'd never watch themselves??

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Has anyone watched Robinsons swing? It is truely awful. Anyone taking lessons of this chimp first needs to go to spec savers. He honestly does not look like he could coach his way out of a brown paper bag.

Wheres the correlation between his swing and how good a coach he is?

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That’s like saying you can’t manage Premier League unless you’ve played it. Good players in any sport don’t necessarily make good coaches plus vice versa.
A lot of top coaches in different sports were average enough players which I believe helps as they can see things from the perspective of the majority

HeftyHacker

Visit site
That’s like saying you can’t manage Premier League unless you’ve played it. Good players in any sport don’t necessarily make good coaches plus vice versa.
A lot of top coaches in different sports were average enough players which I believe helps as they can see things from the perspective of the majority

Your last point is exactly my view on the matter. People who are naturally talented don't necessarily make the best coaches because they've never had to work on technique or think about what they do, it just comes naturally to them.

Those that aren't as naturally talented, and have had to put the graft in and learn the hows and whys are in a far better position to coach you through your improvements as they've been there.

For example my FiL is a scratch golfer, and got there within 2 years of taking the game up properly after retiring as a professional footballer. He's just one of those naturally talented sportsmen.

But try to talk him through my golf swing and the issues I have and he just looks at me blankly as he'd clearly never experienced any of it. Nor does he understand the mechanics enough to offer any guidance, it just happens for him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your last point is exactly my view on the matter. People who are naturally talented don't necessarily make the best coaches because they've never had to work on technique or think about what they do, it just comes naturally to them.

Those that aren't as naturally talented, and have had to put the graft in and learn the hows and whys are in a far better position to coach you through your improvements as they've been there.

For example my FiL is a scratch golfer, and got there within 2 years of taking the game up properly after retiring as a professional footballer. He's just one of those naturally talented sportsmen.

But try to talk him through my golf swing and the issues I have and he just looks at me blankly as he'd clearly never experienced any of it. Nor does he understand the mechanics enough to offer any guidance, it just happens for him.
Yeah, I hate people like that. They'll normally say something loathsome like "just relax and swing easy" as if that means anything to a normal person. :LOL:

4LEX

Visit site
I did find it amusing when Rick was talking about who is the best Youtube golfer. From the videos I have watched, the GM guys seem to be a very high standard.

They're both elite amateurs and play the best colllege golfers, decent pros in heavy matches every week. Sure they don't win everytime but I would put my house on Michah and Garret beating Rick and Pete off scratch. Rick gives it the big one about these 320 drives yet he can't even break 75 on a short resort course. I reckon Guy (his editor) would beat him.

4LEX

Visit site

The best coaches for the average golfer are women coaches. No egos, great knowledge and actually care.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hopefully the content in general should improve now courses are open. Whether I like the youbtuber or not, I tend to watch the video if I've played the course before.