What YOUTUBERS?

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not really any favourite (see you have been in the US a while now! ?), but will add these to your list

James Wiltshire - when was caddying and course vlogs
Zen Golf Mechanic - different take on instruction (may have influenced Crossfield's recent change in direction)
Michael Newton - bit of a budget/UK TXG
Alex Etches - bit of a joker
Dan Hendrickson - vlogs when has brother and/or Wilbur playing

https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/youtube-golf.107787/post-2292280

Nearly 7 years now Ian. It's great where I live in central North Carolina, loads of other courses nearbhy that either hold or have held PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, Senior PGA Tour and top amateur events. Even the place 10 mins from me is phenominal, but will never be able to hold anything due to lack of infrastructure.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Only youtubers I really watch theses days. Nice guys with sense of humours. Dans brother Paul is a good straight man to Dan, Lester and Wilbur.

Not so keen on vlogs with the chap that does editing. Prefer watching pros then handicap golfers.

I was watching Dan Hendriksen Sunday show last night. He mentioned at the start that Lester's dad, Chester, had died suddenly last week. Had a bit of a nosey around and he was the famous Chester Barnes, a world class table tennis player in the 60's and 70's and later assistant to Martin Pipe, the horse race trainer.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I was watching Dan Hendriksen Sunday show last night. He mentioned at the start that Lester's dad, Chester, had died suddenly last week. Had a bit of a nosey around and he was the famous Chester Barnes, a world class table tennis player in the 60's and 70's and later assistant to Martin Pipe, the horse race trainer.
I remember Chester Barnes. The George Best of table tennis.

Ser Shankalot

Visit site
It's more audio than video, but last night I listened to Erik Anders Lang talk to Iona Stephen. I hardly ever listen to lengthy podcasts as I don't have the patience, but I found this discussion to be quite intimate and involving. Not so much about golf, but about life, hopes, dreams and challenges and the decisions we make - all through a golf lens.
I know a few others recent threads here on women and on social media disintegrated so I don't want to re-litigate those debates. But I thought the two of them talked about some of these topics in a very calm and thoughtful way.

Although I was having an extremely rare small mid-week drink before bed, so maybe I was just in a contemplative mood.

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've really gotten into the Dan Hendriksen Golf vlogs recently, especially the France tour and the ones with his brother and Wilbur (his brother's played a few European tour events and Wilbur is an upcoming pro on the euro pro tour).

He's taken the best bits from the Mark Crossfield vlogs but has a much better entourage. Lester Barnes is hilarious. I didn't realise his dad Chester was a top table tennis player and racehorse trainer assistant. Unfortunately he recently passed away but he seemed like a right character.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I don't watch for the instruction as its mostly a waste of time, but I do watch what is entertaining to me and for some reviews.
Golf Sidekick
Alex Etches
Skratch
Golfholics
Zen
TXG
Average Golfer

I've really tried to like Golf mates, but there is something about most of them that just irritates me. That said I could listen to Old Man Pat all day long.

Can't stand watching Mark Crossfield.

Last edited:

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I may have missed something but who is 'Coach Lockey' with Crossfield? Is he actually a coach? He doesn't seem to add anything other than to grin at Crossfield's limp jokes and self-promotion.

He’s been his loyal sidekick for years. Done camerawork and video editing in the early relationship I think. They actually have good rapport between them. Used to enjoy their course vlogs even when it was just them. He’s a pro so he used to (maybe still does) give lessons.

4LEX

Visit site
Lost all respect for Peter Finch after he buggered off to Dubai for lockdown for 'essential' work of making utterly cringeworrthy videos of him playing pointless matches and cracking Dad jokes. The guy is a total hacker, he only looks decent because most of the time he's playing with someone else even worse in Shiels. Awful sawn off swing, hate the way he hovvers his driver and no short game.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Lost all respect for Peter Finch after he buggered off to Dubai for lockdown for 'essential' work of making utterly cringeworrthy videos of him playing pointless matches and cracking Dad jokes. The guy is a total hacker, he only looks decent because most of the time he's playing with someone else even worse in Shiels. Awful sawn off swing, hate the way he hovvers his driver and no short game.
I heard he said he could beat you using left handed junior clubs ?

4LEX

Visit site
I heard he said he could beat you using left handed junior clubs ?

He wouldn't stand a chance with his usual clubs and I genuinely mean that. I'd play him off scratch for charity for a few grand in a heartbeat.

I still laugh at him and Rick thinking they'd stand a chance against the GM Golf guys :ROFLMAO:

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I liked Golfmates at start but for some reason have really gone off watching that channel

Dan hendrikson definitely my favourite at moment

As for best player on YouTube Alex evans must be up there. Crossfield even though i don’t particularly like him is a very good player, real consistent

D

Deleted member 3432

I liked Golfmates at start but for some reason have really gone off watching that channel

Dan hendrikson definitely my favourite at moment

As for best player on YouTube Alex evans must be up there. Crossfield even though i don’t particularly like him is a very good player, real consistent

Best player on youtube is surely Paddy Harrington, dont think any of the others have any majors?

bwstokie

Visit site
Anyone else find James Robinson utterly loathsome? Had a quick nosey at his other pile of Pooh channel “offcoursewiththerobinsons” - what a pile of rubbish. Think he just comes across as a right arrogant plonker. From what I can see he’s not a great player and an even worse coach! I find my self continuing to subscribe just to click the dislike button every day - childish, yes I know ?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Anyone else find James Robinson utterly loathsome? Had a quick nosey at his other pile of Pooh channel “offcoursewiththerobinsons” - what a pile of rubbish. Think he just comes across as a right arrogant plonker. From what I can see he’s not a great player and an even worse coach! I find my self continuing to subscribe just to click the dislike button every day - childish, yes I know ?

Had to laugh at that. :)

(I've made a commitment that if I ever watch an “offcoursewiththerobinsons” then I'll never go on the internet again.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
He wouldn't stand a chance with his usual clubs and I genuinely mean that. I'd play him off scratch for charity for a few grand in a heartbeat.

I still laugh at him and Rick thinking they'd stand a chance against the GM Golf guys :ROFLMAO:

I did find it amusing when Rick was talking about who is the best Youtube golfer. From the videos I have watched, the GM guys seem to be a very high standard.