What YOUTUBERS?

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
No doubt most of you, especially seeing as you can't play are spending time watching YOUTUBE?

I love it, Rick Shiels, Pete Finch, James Robinson, TXG, Matt Fryer are ones I have watched for years. I love their content and they are all different in their own way. But what has really surprised is my new found anticipation for what Mark Crossfield is going to do next............

I will hold my hand up and say that a few years ago I really found him irritating and could not understand why anyone would want to watch his channel. But in recent times he has now possibly turned into my favorite. He doesn't just stand their smashing different drivers and showing off how far he can hit them. He really appeals to me because of the way he goes into the science of golf. There is what we think is correct, but he actually proves with all that fancy kit, most of us do not have a clue about the golf swing and how to actually improve what we do.

So who is your favorite and why?

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Not really any favourite (see you have been in the US a while now! ?), but will add these to your list

James Wiltshire - when was caddying and course vlogs
Zen Golf Mechanic - different take on instruction (may have influenced Crossfield's recent change in direction)
Michael Newton - bit of a budget/UK TXG
Alex Etches - bit of a joker
Dan Hendrickson - vlogs when has brother and/or Wilbur playing

https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/youtube-golf.107787/post-2292280

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
If I watch anything, it's usually when it pops up in one of the media feeds. Tend to stick with Robison, Shiels and Finch, but my favourite is Alex Etchies, largely because he has more of a laugh.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I watched a Crossfield one because it was a vlog of my course and he was playing with one of the pros who is a good guy. It was painful, never again.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Used to watch loads, think I burnt out really bored of them all now. Only one I still watch occasionally is the Bryan Brothers channel, especially when it's a head to head with Wesley. Great standard and a joy to watch.

D

Deleted member 25172

There’s plenty of threads on this very topic already.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Most of the channels I subscribe to I actually watch very little of their content.
Rick and Pete - maybe 1 in 5 or 6 videos they put out interest me.
Average Golfer - maybe half
There's a few more that are similar.
TXG is one that I watch almost everything, even if it's about something that doesn't really refer to my level of play, purely because there's almost always something to take away and think about.
I used to watch Crossfield but, for some time now, he just always seems to be talking down at me, pitying my lack of knowledge...what he's saying may be of great relevance but his delivery makes me instantly switch off.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TXG
Mark Crossfield
No Laying Up

Occasionally some Golf Sidekick

To me, these offer the most interesting content

evemccc

Visit site
Finch is so corny/cheesy it’s so painful, the nervous giggle and shy-boy flirting he seems to do with the camera is so cringe.

Danny Maude and Chris Ryan are good for tips

Dan Hendricksen’s course vlogs are v good, tips on course management, and his gang seem to all be decent blokes, esp Wilbur

I’ve watched a lot of golf YouTube over the last lockdown but as soon as golf starts again, and social life gets busier I doubt I’ll watch another one again

Yorkhacker

Visit site
SAS golf
TXG
Michael Newton
Dan Hendriksen
Padraig Harrington
Bad Golf

I've watched less golf You tube over the last three months as the content seems to be a bit lacking unsurprisingly.

I really enjoy these non golfers

Hoovies Garage
Jago Hazzard - brilliant if you're interested in the history of transport in London

bwstokie

Visit site
Good ones for me:
ZenGolfMechanic
Golf Sidekick
TXG
Dan Whittaker
Bad Golf

Can’t do with:
Danny Maude
Chris Ryan
Crossfield
Finch
James Robinson (can’t really put my finger on it but I just find him extremely annoying)

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I stopped watching golf youtubers ages ago, mainly because it's like watching the simpsons for me now; Long gone are the gems, the content is regurgitated (I mean how many videos about grip/stop slicing/increase distance can you watch) and the more it goes on it becomes trite.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If I ever bother it is mostly likely going to be Rick Shiels or Liam Harrison's 'Golf Mates' channel - simply because they pop up as I have watched them before. But my normal watch is if I am interested in specific irons or woods - and then I'll pretty much watch whatever might pop up. I have no allegiances.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25172

But ok, if we're going at it again here.

The guy who should have many many more subscribers and viewers:

Alex Evans and his "Chronicles of a not yet champion golfer".

He only posts once a week even when we're not in lockdown, and it's one that I really look forward to each week. Especially when Paul "The Biff" Waring is joining in. Great, fun lads who I'd love to sit down with for a proper session.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWNL-9pRK2aev1oCRJNnevw

The two American idiots from "Chasing Scratch" who started with their podcast and now gone on to youtube. Highly recommend the podcast but to fully appreciate it you really need to listen to it from the start or you'll never get into it as there's plenty of inside jokes and looking back at previous stories. I love bashing Americans cause they in general are just loud and annoying. For some reason these guys are just, well, loud, but I don't find the annoying at all, but quite hilarious at times.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyMh34EM2cKpZeaNVu2fkAg

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I only really watch course vlogs nowadays as the coaching / golf swing videos are just the same information regurgitated over and over.

I find myself watching the Mark Crosfield blogs the most, purely as he's got the widest variety. I don't much he says seriously and I'm sure he doesn't. The ones with Dan Hendriksen and Lester are good, same as the Rory / muppets tour vlogs.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Golf you tube has now reached where golf magazines got to in the late 90s.

Every January it's regurgitated equipment reviews with ever increasing amazement.

Every March its fix your slice in 5 swings

Then a short one about why the world number 1 is favourite for the majors

Every June its hole every putt you look at

August it's look at me golfing on expensive courses for free.

October it's gain ten yards by meditating and eating kiwi fruit.

Then back to equipment reviews....

Last edited: