What would you do.

needmoreclub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My course has gone steadily downhill condition wise over the last couple of years as money became scarce. This has had a knock on effect on the members with a lot of 'low men' struggling to play to h/cap as the greens are shall we say 'brutal condition'. Now before i get pelters for suggesting it only affects low h/cappers, it's having the same effect on everyone else but is more noticable in the cat 1 guys as there's very few left playing in cat 1. Would you jump ship and go to a better condition course leaving your mates behind? or just grin and bare it for the sake of playing with your mates.

needmoreclub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
BP, that's what we've been doing all season, grin and bare. It's really spoiling our enjoyment, but we feel a bit guilty as we know everyones trying to make it better but cant as cash is non existant and if we all left it could put the club under the margins are that close.

D

Deleted member 1147

I moved clubs at the end of last year.
As I understand it a couple of other cat 1 players are thinking of joining me at the new place.

I play for enjoyment, I wasn't enjoying it so I moved!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Ask the club for details of their plan to change things. Once you get the answer you can decide what to do:

Agree with clubs plans - stay and see it through
Don't agree or think plan will not work - move clubs
No plan - move clubs

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
BP, that's what we've been doing all season, grin and bare. It's really spoiling our enjoyment, but we feel a bit guilty as we know everyones trying to make it better but cant as cash is non existant and if we all left it could put the club under the margins are that close.

There's your answer mate as far as im concerned

gdunc79

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If a suitable option was available I would leave and join a club where the course is of a higher standard. IMO a Cat 1 golfer more than anyone (as they tend to be the best putters) deserves to have true and fair greens to putt on!!

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I recently heard that several single figure/cat 1 golfers had asked for their money back at their club due to this exact thing, personally if it was my money I wouldn't be spending it playing on a dump. I'd be moving on

DCB

Visit site
Anyone thought of trying to call an EGM ? Even with tight budgets the course is the main asset, so, assuming the club owns the course, there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the course is being managed. Lots of clubs are feeling the pinch but are still able to put a reasonable course into play week on week.

Moving on may seem a solution, but, remember, the grass isn't always greener ........ ;)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Which course is this? Plenty of options in Ayrshire, I would be tempted to up sticks and leave. Hard as it sounds, you'll make plenty of new mates wherever you decide to join :thup:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Which course is this? Plenty of options in Ayrshire, I would be tempted to up sticks and leave. Hard as it sounds, you'll make plenty of new mates wherever you decide to join :thup:
Plenty of good courses in your area, so unless you've been there for years and have a over 65 discount i would move.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone thought of trying to call an EGM ? Even with tight budgets the course is the main asset, so, assuming the club owns the course, there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the course is being managed. Lots of clubs are feeling the pinch but are still able to put a reasonable course into play week on week.

Moving on may seem a solution, but, remember, the grass isn't always greener ........ ;)

Ask the club for details of their plan to change things. Once you get the answer you can decide what to do:

Agree with clubs plans - stay and see it through
Don't agree or think plan will not work - move clubs
No plan - move clubs

:thup:

Add DCB's into Slabs suggestion and you're on the right track - If the club has good plans going forward wait it out, if there's no plan or a poor plan see if you/someone with more knowledge can change the plan and then if the situation isn't to your satisfaction look elsewhere!

needmoreclub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
:thup:

Add DCB's into Slabs suggestion and you're on the right track - If the club has good plans going forward wait it out, if there's no plan or a poor plan see if you/someone with more knowledge can change the plan and then if the situation isn't to your satisfaction look elsewhere!

Thanks everyone for your input. Basically the club has no plans either now or in the future, current gr Con thinks the course is ok with the cash that's available and possibly on by calling an EGM could that be changed, it's got to the point that all the bunkers are being left GUR even during comps rather than spend time raking them ( not having a go at greenkeepers here, just think the guys have thrown the towel in). I think i know what i've got to do but have an affinity with the place as i grew up playing there.