What would give you the most satisfaction?

What would you enjoy most?

• Long drive

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Fairway/rescue

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Iron

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Pitch

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Chip

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Putt

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Long iron into the green for me.
Only because it used to be the best part of my game but now is close to the worst!
:(

Brian_C

Club Champion
www.briancurranphotography.com
To be honest I'd be happy with any of them, but as using a Driver is the weakest part of a weak game it would have to be hitting a Driver in the sweet spot, hearing that "DING" and seeing the ball fly dead straight and long would really float my boat. Now, doing it on a regular basis would be just fantastic.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I disagree, watching a chip from off the green roll towards the hole then wedge itself between hole and flag is far more fulfilling, I love chipping in. It's great when you just leave the putter in the bag.

Sorry forgot to quote this :eek:

Mr A

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You can't judge the quality of a shot or the satisfaction you take from it based on your score on a hole. I hit a peach of a hybrid to our 15th the other day to set up an eagle chance. I missed the putt but that doesn't take away my satisfaction of hitting the shot that got me there. I've also hit a lot of great putts that haven't gone in.

I agree to an extent, a great shot is a great shot. However I wanted it to (hypothetically) be for a really good score. I have hit some great shots that have seen me escape with a miracle bogey. However the great shots that I have hit that have resulted in a birdie have been that much sweeter.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
A couple of rounds ago, I hot a decent drive off the 10th par 5, by decent it was straight and over the ridge so I could see the green, normally I've sliced into the trees and playing my second sideways, any way, with a view of the green I walloped my 3 wood, couldn't have hit it any better and the ball landed in front of th green and rolled on, left myself a long putt, but didn't make it, but left myself a short tap in.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I agree to an extent, a great shot is a great shot. However I wanted it to (hypothetically) be for a really good score. I have hit some great shots that have seen me escape with a miracle bogey. However the great shots that I have hit that have resulted in a birdie have been that much sweeter.

Fair enough, back on topic then, I still couldn't choose :D

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A towering long iron for me, the ones that make craters in the green.

I'm surprised putting is so popular i wish i enjoyed it more, then i might be good at it

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be honest all of them have merits on which gives most satisfaction as it depends on the situation the shot is played in.

But I actually went for the Fairway/Hybrid as I hit an absolute worldy of a 3 wood in my last knockout match at our Par 5 18th was 1 down going up the last had 220 to carry the water in front and about 240 to the pin gave it my best whack and hoped! Stuck it to 8 feet and holed the putt.

But in all honesty in terms of a round its not a single shot that gives most satisfaction is the end score.