WHAT WILL MAKE US BETTER GOLFERS???

Craigy_Mac

Medal Winner
Visit site
OK this is a very wide open set off questions.
What does it take to improve your game?... , is it more practice practice... What areas of or game do you need to improve the most. Does your swing need much improving?, perhaps you need lessons, maybe change of equipment?
Would we benefit from more structured range sessions or getting out on the course more often?
Do you spend much time on shortgame?
Do you pay enough attention to course management?
Do you have a game plan when you step out on the course? or do you just tee up and see what happens?
Also is fitness letting your game down.
I remember Tiger saying he felt the same walking off the 18th green as he did walking on the first tee, does this apply to you?
Look forward to your detailed answers.

pretty much everything you've mentioned is what you need to do. Just simplify it.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
OK this is a very wide open set off questions.
What does it take to improve your game?... , is it more practice practice... What areas of or game do you need to improve the most. Does your swing need much improving?, perhaps you need lessons, maybe change of equipment?
Would we benefit from more structured range sessions or getting out on the course more often?
Do you spend much time on shortgame?
Do you pay enough attention to course management?
Do you have a game plan when you step out on the course? or do you just tee up and see what happens?
Also is fitness letting your game down.
I remember Tiger saying he felt the same walking off the 18th green as he did walking on the first tee, does this apply to you?
Look forward to your detailed answers.

pretty much everything you've mentioned is what you need to do. Just simplify it.
Basically im asking what out of these things are the priority for better golf in each of our individual games!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Practice, consistency and concentration I need to get my fat arse onto the course more often instead of just hitting balls at the range, become more consistent in my distance control I often range 5-15 with each iron. And concentration I often lose concentration when practising or playing and end up slicing the ball.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
If you don’t hit the ball all that far then practice more with your short game. We spend very little time on the greens and yet we can save more shots there. Practice your putting much more and vary the distance with each ball as you only get one chance on the course. Your mind needs to react to different length putts, not putting four in a row from the same spot.

Should putting be spelt with 3 tees? :D

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
All of the shiny new golf gear that I see advertised. If it is better than last years kit then it must instantly improve my game!!!!

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know my chipping got good after my shortgame lesson but it wont stay good so i practice 3 times a week and i got another shortgame lesson booked next monday! On top of that my biggest downfall is my mental game ! so i gotta strengthen that up too.
Plus someone osted a putting drill on here a while back where the guy places balls a foot apart from the hole and starts putting the shortest one first...Thats really helped !

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re: WHAT WILL MAKE US BETTER GOLFERS

We would all be better golfers if we had the privileges of the professionals. A dedicated caddy, hundreds of brand new practice balls, time to stalk a putt with a second opinion from the caddy, detailed course planners, the very best equipment tailor made for us, a professional coach, etc. etc.

How many shots off the round would that be worth?

You forgot the hundreds of spectators helping to find your ball in the cr*p.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re: WHAT WILL MAKE US BETTER GOLFERS

We would all be better golfers if we had the privileges of the professionals. A dedicated caddy, hundreds of brand new practice balls, time to stalk a putt with a second opinion from the caddy, detailed course planners, the very best equipment tailor made for us, a professional coach, etc. etc.

How many shots off the round would that be worth?

Before all this happens these golfers have some kind of talent within themselves or a good practice that enables them to take there game to this level! So i dont think you can count that !