What will be the next breakthrough in golf?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think there may be some more advances in grips, in the technology used in them to cushion impact, make them more rain resistant etc.

Now that I like, grips and gloves that work better in the wet

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
A dog roll with a decent sausage in it.
So many golf courses now serve up crap dog rolls at the halfway house.
I would love a nice crispy roll with a beautiful meaty banger slid inside, some fried onions and a little dribble of ketchup.
When they get that right, they've cracked it

you were getting close then you mentioned ketchup, ketchup's for girls. a good healthy dollop of chilli sauce or english mustard

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Torque reactive (or single flex) shafts could be the way forward, can't see 3G gps taking off as r and a state no gradient measuring devices.

I'd personally like to see smart phone gps systems become allowed if nothing more than to save me £200 smackers

by then they'll be old hat and your personal phone chip will be implanted at birth.

so how about a bionic head-up display for your range finder

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cameras on the golf pros caps, 3d video swing analysis, balls that track their position and altitude, so you can download your entire round for analysis (or if you managed to get a hole in one to keep a record for ever), a button on the 18th linked to the clubhouse so the bar staff has your drink ready as you walk in.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would go with the idea of a grip and glove that works together to improve adhesion between the two in the wet.

I can see the idea of a chip in the golf ball working as well. Perhaps link it to the GPS so it records all of your round details.

Another idea, a GPS device built into your bag so you see the distances when you put your bag down.