What Wedge? Help please

S

Snelly

I have a 60 degree Ping tour wedge and it is fantastic. I really recommend these. I can hit mine 100 yards with a full pitch swing and it stops beautifully. It is also a superb club for chipping around the green.

I am not a big fan of the spin milled Vokeys. I find that they grip the ball so much that it becomes tricky to get a lot of height on the ball. I had a 60 degree one for a while but just could not get on with it. It will have been down to me of course but I found them inconsistent in terms of the amount of spin that is generated which made the ball pull up too fast quite often when chipping.

Cleveland are good but I prefer Mizuno wedges over these too.

In summary, when I get the chance to pop into my local golf shop, I will be buying a couple more Ping tour wedges as I think they are very good indeed.

griffgolf

Head Pro
Visit site
My PW is a TM R9 and is 46 degree so I also use CG15 48, 52, and 56 degree wedges and they stop the ball amazingly quick.

I hit a high ball so found a 58 degree or more no use at all but obviously depends on the individual.

I have also used Vokey spin milled and Yes spin milled but just love the Cleveland CG15's

Cheers

griffgolf