What type of Golf Balls do you use?

Do you favour any type of golf ball?

• Premium (e.g. say over £35 per dozen)

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Upper Mid Range (e.g. say £25-35 per dozen)

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Lower Mid Range (e.g. say £20-25 per dozen)

Votes: 20 19.6%
  • Budget (e.g. Under £20)

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Lake Balls

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Whatever you find, any ball

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Whatever you find, as long as it isn't a Pinnacle / Top Flight (or similar)

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters

Albo

Visit site
Vice pro or vice pro plus usually.
If I’m having a particularly troublesome day I’ve a few pick ups hanging around my bag that I’ll ‘game’ more to stop me losing any more decent balls

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Vice pro or vice pro plus usually.
If I’m having a particularly troublesome day I’ve a few pick ups hanging around my bag that I’ll ‘game’ more to stop me losing any more decent balls
ALWAYS have a few of those in the bag just in case.....

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A while ago I had a couple of really good rounds with Srixon AD333, so they are my go-to balls now. Why change if you find a ball that you like.. and they are mid-range, affordable and I find quite a few in the trees too.

If they have my initials I'll have them back please lol

However I work with the theory that I will keep to the same ball 90% of the time. I might throw another one down as a provisional..

The idea is I can't then blame the ball for my bad shots because it's always the same!

sjw

Visit site
Kirkland

I'm somehow on 54 holes without losing a ball at the moment, but I know I'd start losing them again if I bought Pro v1s!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I will buy top brand cost wise when they are on offer in the proshop e.g 4 doz Prov1 fro the price of 3 dozen and I have proshop credit to use up.

When buying from out of my 'wallet' I still go for 3/4 piece urethane high spin balls but look at what is around reasonable priced (under £30)

Currently using RZN MS tour

In the cupboard
I have a dozen Prov1s which I will keep for summer
I dozen Wilson Staff DX3 U for summer
A few Bridgestone B330RXS for summer
3 dozen Honma TWS for when the others have run out
Couple of dozen Dunlop DP1V3 bought when on clearance at a stupid price (performance is as good as a Prov1 but does not last as well)

sunshine

Visit site
I use premium balls that I find. I stick to one brand at a time - usually Pro V1 as they are so common, but I've used Pro V1x for the whole of this year. I've only got a couple left now. Will switch to back to Pro V1 or TP5 next year.

Sultanauk

Visit site
I’ve always played Srixon ad333 but I’ve been losing a lot of balls since taking up golf again in the summer. Bought a dozen Taylormade soft response which didn’t last very long, now using Callaway super soft.

Swango1980

Visit site
I played a Soft Feel on the back nine the other day - usually my provisional ball but I'd lost two others so just stuck with. I was surprised to see my drives actually appeared noticeably longer!
It's only because you played your provisional shot first on all holes on back 9. We all know what happens with the provisional ball :)

RichA

Visit site
I’ve heard good reports about Mizuno RB566 , might seek some out and try them
I've found a few. I really don't like the micro dimples. When the ground is mucky it's difficult to keep the sticky mud out of them.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Normally Pro V1 or Pro V1x for my more competitive golf. But I’ll use pretty much any ‘better’ ball when knocking around by myself if I’m don’t have Pro V that I don't mind losing. Thought the fact that I don’t lose many should mean I shouldn’t worry about losing a ball.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I prefer golf balls I can find after I’ve hit them.

Any premium ball will do, though it would be the cheaper ones in winter.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I tend to wait for the deals on the high-end balls. I have some premium but only when I've seen an offer on.
There is now such a selection of good quality balls at reasonable prices that I don't see the point in paying top dollar for a particular brand. You only have to read on here about people using other brands which still give excellent performance.
I've used hundreds of Pro V1's but never bought a single one. I've either won them or found them on the course.