what to have lesson on? (pre Beau)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a 1hr lesson on the 19th before the Beau meet (was booked long before I entered btw so just a coincidence)

Now my last lesson was driver which I am doing ok with, I had planned to do a recap and more on driver/fairway woods but as I was hitting them sweet on Sunday I am having a rethink.

My putting and chipping were pants so do I
a) stick as planned and go over driver again and then fairway woods/long irons

b)putting and maybe a bit of short game practice

I also have a round or maybe even 2 that weekend also so can put it into real time practice

what would you do?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Personally I'd be cancelling it and having it post Beau. You'll be too wrapped up in technique to focus properly and for the money you're paying I'd rather just go with the game you've got at the moment (ggod bad or indifferent) and play with the foibles and faults you know are there. Plenty of time after Beau to sort it out

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
yeah but it isnt with beau in mind, I have one fortnightly at the mo

think I will just go with the driver/fairways as was planned as that was previous lesson also so no extra swing thoughts etc to deal with :)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What do you want from Beau? To give yourself the best chance of scoring well, or the best chance of not scoring horribly?

I hope that makes sense :D

If it's the former I'd say putting and chipping. If it's the latter go with tee shot clubs and mid irons.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
from what I remember, there was nothing terrifying about tee-shots at Beau (of course that doesn't negate my innate ability to cock it up).

I'd go short game/putter but get your pro to give you just one reasonably reliable stroke from off the green.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Disagree with Homer,because the greens are lightning fast,so a putting lesson would really help,and you wont have any swing thoughts,otherwise you will be four and five putting,and with the dry weather we have been having it wouldnt surpris me if there faster this year.