What to do next ?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Answering the title: How's your knowledge of the rules? They can save you shots on your round score if you are aware of your options for those times when your ball doesn't fly straight and you find yourself in trouble, even if it doesn't immediately feel like you're saving a shot or two

(of course they can also cost you shots when you realise you have to self-penalise for some action or predicament)

But if you want to take a day off to let the strain ease then reading up on the most common rules is a suggestion if you think it might be of use

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
So, you had an impediment which stopped you from hitting c. 70 golf shots at full pelt, spread across 4 hours ish, taking into account c. 30 putts. And to not make it worse, you hit 100 balls in probably a quarter of the time at the range? I'd say that wasn't the best idea!

As @IanM above, if you *have* to practice with an injury, putts and chipping are the way forward.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Seems most are concentrating on the sore pit!! Presume you have that under control.

On the lesson front I would just plod on with regular iron lessons, how you strike the longer clubs will change as the rest changes so imo focusing on your general swing is the money option. Would definitely ask about the distances though, doesnt make sense to me that your pw has got shorter which your 7 is longer.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
You run the risk of paralysis by analysis if you keep jumping between different parts of the game and different swing types for different clubs.
You seem to be making good progress, golf is not a game of instant capability it takes time.
Keep with the progress path you have and don't overload on too much technical info at this point would be my advice.

D

Deleted member 3432

Yea should of been more clear, not looking for medical advice. Wife’s a nurse and I employee doctors and nurses in one of my business so got that covered. Looking for advice only how I should go forward with low irons vs hybrids .

What does your pro say?

Probably can give you better advice than a load of ploughers like us who have never seen you hit a shot :unsure:

TigerTime

Visit site
As a medical professional, my advice would be to rest for a day or two. Then if feeling good get out and keep going. If you keep overdoing it you will injure yourself further which will only hinder your ability to play more often. Rest is key.

D

Deleted member 3432

Was talking to him mid week. Was telling how i had been scoring and he said just keep playing as much as you can and if you get stuck at anything then come back and see me. Just trying to decide, should I focus on low irons or hybrids. Guess ill ask him what he thinks.

He knows your game and potential better than any of us.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Get your injury assessed. If it improves with rest or you are given the ok to play I wouldn't over exert it with lots of long shots and take this opportunity to really get my short game and bunker play up to scratch or focus on my distance control with the putter and then work on holing out regularly from 2,3,4 and 5 feet