What sports do you play besides Golf?

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
Have played football and cricket in the past but my most recent and longest love was rugby! Played since I was about 9 or 10. Time commitments to train twice a week and play on a Sat started to clash with a busy uni schedule as well as working part time so had to give it up in favour of something I can fit into my schedule more flexibly, enter golf!

Was back row, could play 6 7 or 8 but preferred 6. So I can draw on some blindside flanker power to hit it fairly long, my pro says one of my biggest issues is taking the foot off the gas and being smooth. I had taken 50% effort out of my swing on one of our lessons and my 8 iron was still carrying 150 yards according to the GC2. Given that I've had years of giving 110% physically on the pitch and coming off crawling (or else you haven't worked hard enough), this is difficult to say the least! I'd much prefer to hit 130 on/near the green reliably than 150 in the rough/sandy/wet stuff with the odd couple flying true.

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
Tennis doubles couple of times a week
Racket ball once a week
Skiing - for last 29 years
Cycling - just restored my old mountain bike
Not really a sports - ballroom dancing that I'm hopeless at + hiking/walking that are good to do with HID

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Unfortunately, father time and a few injuries mean I no longer do any other sport apart from golf... maybe the odd game of snooker.

Long gone are the days of setting records at 200m & 400m, and of coming 3rd in the nationals for javelin chucking. Both rugby and fooball were played to a very decent level, and batting number 3 and opening the bowling. And for those horrible days/evenings it was badminton and table tennis. I was an absolute sports nut.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played cricket and rugby to a decent standard and regular football too but gammy knees has put paid to all that. Golf only for me now but really fancy bowls too but it may take a few years before i immerse myself in that world !!

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only golf for me now as my knees are too ruined for any footy.

Thinking about getting a road bike for fitness and also to do some charity rides.

Used to play snooker reasonably well so might start again as we've a couple of tables in the golf club.

S

Snelly

I play the best game there is, Squash, about three times a week.

Racketball too.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I still go Diving once or twice a year. Mainly when I'm on holiday.. Nothing as deep as I used to do, but I'll happily drop to 30-40m for the right wreck.. I cycle a few times a week and plan on doing the C2C later this year.. A bit of running as well when I have time..

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Five years ago I was a member of a tennis club, table tennis cub, badminton club, and golf club. Tennis elbow stopped the racket sports, so just golf now.