What should I cook for dinner?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm bored of cooking the same 5 or 6 meals all the time and fancy trying something different for a change. So what should I cook tonight? What's your go to meal?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The biggest greasy spoon fry up you could imagine, including fried bread and a pot of tea. Another favourite that I get asked for is cheese and tomato omelette with chips and beans.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
My go to simple supper is sticky chicken thighs...
We follow an adapted to suit us Nigel Slater recipe...

For something a little different, smoked mackerel linguine from Nigella...

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cottage pie with an inch of cheese on the top.
Cook it hard and cook it long so that the cheese melts down the inside of the dish and wait until the top burns to a light crisp.
Add bread and Lurpak and a pint of milk on the side.

Or you can do some cheese on toast, again wait until the cheese browns, then cover it all with baked beans before topping each one with a beautiful fried egg. I find four of those does the trick for me.

U

User62651

Fillet steaks from Lidl (well priced and tasty), decent bottle of red, bit of seasoning on the steak, fried onions and mushrooms with garlic and then eat with a bit of english mustard. Forge any carbs as they just stodge it out, quick and tasty.
Man food.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
At the Ludlow food festival, so many choices😀
Spent two days tasting and tomorrow its sausages, mutton, game, cider and anything else that takes our fancy!
Suggest the OP gets to a local festival/farmers market for some inspiration

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just had a lovely beef stew that's been cooking slowly from lunchtime. HID got the meat from a farm shop we've not used and exquisite. I thinks she's some steak form there for tomorrow after my 36 hole comp