What is the perfect train station car?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Hi all

I turn 40 on Friday and with a house move on the horizon along with needing a car to get to golf/mountain biking at weekends it's time we added a 2nd car to the household.

I'm looking for something that will put up with a 2x daily drive of under 4 miles, along with seats that fold down nicely for golf gear and the occasional bike.

As it's my 40th I feel like treating myself a little bit and a 2008/9 Suzuki swift sport seems to fit the bill as I can buy/tax/insure it for under £3k.... It's a bit of a fun and super practical.

But at the same time, am I being stupid having something that "nice" for my daily hack? What would you do? What would you go for?

Cheers all

Adam

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all

I turn 40 on Friday and with a house move on the horizon along with needing a car to get to golf/mountain biking at weekends it's time we added a 2nd car to the household.

I'm looking for something that will put up with a 2x daily drive of under 4 miles, along with seats that fold down nicely for golf gear and the occasional bike.

As it's my 40th I feel like treating myself a little bit and a 2008/9 Suzuki swift sport seems to fit the bill as I can buy/tax/insure it for under £3k.... It's a bit of a fun and super practical.

But at the same time, am I being stupid having something that "nice" for my daily hack? What would you do? What would you go for?

Cheers all

Adam

Honda civic fits golf gear in its MASSIVE boot without folding anything done

However the magic seats are also amazing

It's the ideal car for hobbies

D

Deleted Member 1156

Mini Cooper S. Seats fold down, great fun to drive and you can pick one up pretty cheap now.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any hatch back where the seats fold completely down but remember to test first. You have to think about the length of the bike compared to the depth of and the height of the hatch opening if it needs the front wheel to be turned upwards.

I have a Peugeot 308 estate which has a pretty big rear area but getting a bike in the back is quite a bit of of a jigsaw puzzle and it can only take one bike.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
M
Hi all

Cheers all

Adam

Can’t give you any advice on what to buy but my wife’s got a Suzuki Celerio and it’s a pile of junk.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mini Cooper S. Seats fold down, great fun to drive and you can pick one up pretty cheap now.

I used to get my full drum kit with massive hardware bag and cymbals case in the back of my Mini Cooper, boot is massive with the rear seats down. Most fun car I've ever driven as well if that is a factor in your choice.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Depending on the locality/security. Remove risk to wallet by the catalytic convertor thieves / lunatics, so anything sub-£1k with MOT, good tyres etc with space for clubs