What is the Best Training Aid – Tech, Professional, Gadget

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I like going to the driving range. I love practising but am curious as to if there are any good training aids out there.

What is going to help me the most?

I have lessons but can’t afford these every week or have my teacher standing behind me on the range every time I practise.

So how can I make sure I am practising what I have been taught such as takeaway on the right line, club position, target line, getting my yardages tuned in, make my practise more focused, sequencing, out to in swing path, putting etc?

Garmin or Skypro swing sensor or similar
SC200 launch monitor or other
T
ee Claw or other
Any good Golf Apps

Any thoughts, advice or previous experience with training aids appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

(posted in The Lounge and Ask the Experts)

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I would say, if you do have lessons, unless your pro suggests something different which will help you with specific drills or instructions he is giving you, your best choice is a camera (smartphone) and a tripod/selfie stick that will allow you to set it up correctly so that you can see what you are doing at the range. For praticing at home, I've always found a large mirror an extremely useful tool to check positions in my swing. (And I must admit, that I rarely use the restroom at work without taking at least one or two practice swings in front of the huge mirror there ... no club, of course).

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've got a skypro and an SC200 and would recommend both, although neither are cheap. The only downside to the skypro is that it doesn't tell you face and path at impact, although ball flight gives you a good idea of them.

If you want something cheap, I don't think you can beat something to hold your smartphone in a good position while you swing, and an app called hudl to analyse th video.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've got a skypro and an SC200 and would recommend both, although neither are cheap. The only downside to the skypro is that it doesn't tell you face and path at impact, although ball flight gives you a good idea of them.

If you want something cheap, I don't think you can beat something to hold your smartphone in a good position while you swing, and an app called hudl to analyse th video.

IN which case this is ideal https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014D1N0CG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Only cost £14.99

Also got this which holds a camera in place (or you can but a clip to hold a phone) which sits nicely on a golf bag or on the floor

http://www.jessops.com/online.store...frotto/pixi-mini-tripod-black-89511/show.html

Already used both to take some footage at the range (very dark so quality poor but good enough to see my issues with what I worked on)