What iconic televised golfing moments do you remember down through the years?

D

Deleted member 1418

Seve vs Azinger at St Andrews on Shells Wonderful World of Golf.

Go to 13 minutes in and Seve out of a fairway bunker and the reaction from Azinger. Mickelsen was one of the spectators following the game and realising that however good his short game is, Seve's was another notch or 2 better!! ;):)

D

Deleted member 15344

Seve's 2nd shot was never televised - there's only an action photo of the shot after he's made contact with the ball.

What was captured on film was his chip in for birdie.
In fairness there was a gap when he was facing his chip - it was about 100 yards while

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One thing that changed my attitude to golf a long time ago.

Greg Norman completing topping a 3 wood off the fairway at Sandwich when he one the Open there

Made me stop thinking that I have to hit every shot really well

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember watching Seve win the Open each time, and specifically taking the Monday off to watch him win it in 1988. But one of the most iconic moments I remember is this

I remember watching that final round with Price and Faldo also in contention and they played together. What I remember about it was Seve's chip in to the final green and the scowl on his face when it did go in the hole very quickly followed by a great big beaming smile when he realised it did not matter because he coud not be beaten by the other two.

Wolf

Visit site
Corey Pavins 3 wood at Shinecock
Howard Clarks hole in one at the 95 Ryder Cup, where he hit the shot and look disgusted with it, only for it to end up in the hole.
Faldo v Norman 96 Masters
Bubba from the trees at Augusta
The Faldo monster putt on the 2nd at August..