what hybrid

dune19670

Medal Winner
Visit site
hi everyone, just looking to pick your brains.
ive been looking to upgrade to 1 new hybrid to replace the 2 tatty ones in my bag at the moment, a 19 deg ram and a 21 deg ram, i normally only use the 21 deg.
im thinking about a quality used one for about £60 - £70, and was wanting your advice on which one to go for.
thanks in advance for your help

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am sure the 'lads' will want to know the type of shot you use them for (tee, fairway, rough).
Your handicap, swingspeed ( or 7I distance)
your current clubs and what your swing is like.

dune19670

Medal Winner
Visit site
I am sure the 'lads' will want to know the type of shot you use them for (tee, fairway, rough).
Your handicap, swingspeed ( or 7I distance)
your current clubs and what your swing is like.

ok,
i want to use it from the tee, fairways & light rough.
my handicap is 14 which i have just put in my signature.
swingspeed :D dont know, but a 7i goes about 150 yrds.
current clubs are cobra ld speed 1 3 5 woods, ram irons ( upgrading to something better soon as funds allow ) tm rossa monte carlo putter.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
For what my opinion is worth, try a Ping G10, great club and nowhere near as ugly as the current generation. I have tried and owned loads of hybrids and this is the only one that I have stuck with and would never change.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I tested 32 hybrids for golf magazine a couple of months ago and absolutely loved the Taylor Made Superfast and ended up putting one in my bag. Great club, great feel and goes miles

Chris

A

Alex1975

I tested 32 hybrids for golf magazine a couple of months ago and absolutely loved the Taylor Made Superfast and ended up putting one in my bag. Great club, great feel and goes miles

Chris

I use the one before that, the Burner 09. a very smilar club the the Super Fast just a little bit heavyer. great club.

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Chris
I'll second that, and I got mine for £60 on ebay.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have a TM Burner 3 hybrid (08 model) and it is great although I can sometimes slide it too far under the ball in the rough but I guess thats the same with any hybrid. It is pretty reliable and I've plenty of confidence which I guess is half the battle

BROOKIE

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
shot my best ever round today 82,thanks mainly to my hybids
it could have been even better except for some woeful putting,not one double,I was thinking,this could be a 79 but bogyed the last 3 holes..we can only dream

A

Alex1975

You can get an MD Superstrong for £60 new. Not tried many hybrids but for bang per buck the MD cannot be beaten*.

*In my opinion, naturally ;)

very true and it comes with a pretty good set of reviews.

for TM money the other one that gets rave reviews is the Ping G15 hybird, its UGLY as all hell but they say once you get over that its awesome.

Al

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Chris

Which magazine?

Dare I say on here? Todays Golfer

Chris

dune19670

Medal Winner
Visit site
thanks for all your replies,
ive been having a trawl through ebay to see what likely candatites are on there, and have got my eye on a couple.
will let you know what i get ???

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
thanks for all your replies,
ive been having a trawl through ebay to see what likely candatites are on there, and have got my eye on a couple.
will let you know what i get ???

Look out for fakes Dune ... best of luck

Chris

A

Alex1975

Have a look at this video before you ebay. I think I would be hard pushed to ebay a 2nd hand maybe fake hybird over this. It would have to be a good ebay deal, and I see less of them than more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHK5Fjoczds

The profile and weighting in this club are so much like the Burner 09.