What has happened to the golf shoe market!

C

c1973

I like a light spikeless trainer style shoe for the summer months and a heavier more traditional looking waterproof brogue for the winter months.

I'm a bit of a modern traditionalist. :)

It's all down to personal preference. As long as you like them, their comfy, provide the grip, stability and waterproofing you require and they are deemed suitable for on-course wear then fill yer boots (no pun intended). Plenty of choice out there. :)

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I personally don't care what a golf shoe looks like so long as it feels right and is comfortable.
I wore Ecco Biom hybrids for a year, Unbelievable comfortable but for me they don't feel stable enough. They're still in great condition but ive gone back to wearing the old Favorites .. Footjoy AQLs.

In future I'll be sticking with Shoes with spikes in.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it is all relative. With a younger market palying the game now they want more of a modern trainer style than the traditional style. Adidas for me is really trying to corner the market in golf shoes aimed at a younger audience. I have 2 pairs of shoes, ADIZERO Tour and a pair of ADIDAS Samba Golf shoes.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think it is all relative. With a younger market palying the game now they want more of a modern trainer style than the traditional style. Adidas for me is really trying to corner the market in golf shoes aimed at a younger audience. I have 2 pairs of shoes, ADIZERO Tour and a pair of ADIDAS Samba Golf shoes.

Samba aimed at a younger audience? All I see is those who wore them as trainers all those years ago wearing them as retro. Certainly not seen any youngsters wearing them!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I personally don't care what a golf shoe looks like so long as it feels right and is comfortable.
I wore Ecco Biom hybrids for a year, Unbelievable comfortable but for me they don't feel stable enough. They're still in great condition but ive gone back to wearing the old Favorites .. Footjoy AQLs.

In future I'll be sticking with Shoes with spikes in.

Same here mate. I love my Ecco's, but Ii used my FJ's at Moortown last week and they just felt so much better.. I don't know why as I've never slipped in the Ecco's...:confused: