What happens next?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site

I am getting my excuses in early, I am no expert! :)

But I think the way the club is at the top means you will throw your arms out to feel like it is back on plane, causing an out to in path and the slice.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club is out of position at the top and goes across the target line. My guess is that you will cut across the line at impact as well resulting in a big slice. A pull left is also possible if you manage to square the club face to the same path the club is on.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gone Fishing!

Big cast from the top creating a steeper out to in swing through impact. Probably will struggle to keep a good balance through impact which will make it harder to keep the club square through the hitting area.

Probable shots -

Low hook/pull hook
Mid to low slice

Mid pull slice (Fade) - natural well timed shot.

Thats my take on it.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Looked ok to me, club came back to square (hard to tell but close I would think).

I was going to say that with the first swing it didnt look great but you can't tell what's going to happen until you make the transition and complete. There are many pro's way out at the top but at impact they are back on plane and square.

Good idea for a post, you should do more

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
From that position at the top i'd expect you not to be able to get back to the ball in time. Probably ending up with a push/block out to the right because the upper half cant catch up with the lower half. You may be able to get a draw on it if you can come in with the clubface closed though.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree that you would expect to see a big throw at the top and an out to in downswing.
But I hope you can see by my downswing it's actually in to out.

I hope this shows that a flat backswing doesn't cause an out to in downswing.
Ideally, we'd all have the perfect online and on plane swing but in the real world it's not going to happen.
What you need to focus on is whether the swing path and clubface are square to your intended target AT IMPACT.