What h/c goes on scorecard

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
'Let the computer do the work' is fine, I say it myself, but falls down when you play certain formats. I'm playing in a 4BBB open tomorrow. There will be no computers to help afterwards,

Why. We use the computers for all formats except for match play. Even then a player can check the draw sheet on the computer and everything is shown on that, who gets how many shots and who from.

Funnily enough it is quicker and easier to enter the score on to a computer if both scores are on the card rather than just the counting one because you enter all of one players scores first and then the other players.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why anyone would feel a need to record all three HI, CH and PH I rather struggle with. Just write down CH and no issues surely.

Whilst not mandatory, CONGU® recommend that space for the Handicap Index and Playing Handicap is also on the scorecard.

Just seen some of the other replies saying the same thing.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why. We use the computers for all formats except for match play. Even then a player can check the draw sheet on the computer and everything is shown on that, who gets how many shots and who from.

Funnily enough it is quicker and easier to enter the score on to a computer if both scores are on the card rather than just the counting one because you enter all of one players scores first and then the other players.
No sinister reason other than I've not seen it done. Every 4BBB I've played in, standard open format around here, you drop the card in a box or hand back to the pro. I know I've never entered scores in a computer afterwards at any club. I can't believe someone from the home club is going to sit and go through each card, entering scores. They just look at the score, pile up the cards in score order as they come in, check the money winning ones. I would not be against what happens at your club, makes sense, it just doesn't happen here (Opens covering Northumberland, Co. Durham, Borders)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No sinister reason other than I've not seen it done. Every 4BBB I've played in, standard open format around here, you drop the card in a box or hand back to the pro. I know I've never entered scores in a computer afterwards at any club. I can't believe someone from the home club is going to sit and go through each card, entering scores. They just look at the score, pile up the cards in score order as they come in, check the money winning ones. I would not be against what happens at your club, makes sense, it just doesn't happen here (Opens covering Northumberland, Co. Durham, Borders)

One of the things about using the computer for our Open (and others I have been to) is that the scores can be displayed on the TV screen in the lounge as a leaderboard so you now where you stand. Scores get entered by the scorers as soon as they are handed in.

Also helps to chase up those who have not returned their card as the list of unentered cards is kept up to date by the computer software.

NearHull

Visit site
Golf Genius is used for all (most?) Yorks Golf Union 4BBB events , we also used it at Fulfords Seniors Open last week.