What does £30/40/50 get you?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

I played old ford on a twilight for 30 quid recently, nice course. Hadley wood clearly has no desire or need for visitors and good luck to them.

All members courses have restrictions on visitors, amongst other things thats why you join a club, to get preferential tee times.
Old Ford Manor I understand have been struggling recently and there are or have been lots of different opportunities for membership there - their weekend tee times are after 2 I think and around £40-£45 during summer.

Hadley Wood do have visitors - they cost between £60-£80 and it’s a superb course

If I look at Teetimes for the area I’m in and I’m not surprised at the courses that come up

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Old Ford Manor I understand have been struggling recently and there are or have been lots of different opportunities for membership there - their weekend tee times are after 2 I think and around £40-£45 during summer.

Hadley Wood do have visitors - they cost between £60-£80 and it’s a superb course

If I look at Teetimes for the area I’m in and I’m not surprised at the courses that come up
Yes and for me who regularly plays social games with a bunch of friends who are non members those courses are perfect. Some food, golf and beer at a price that's acceptable accros the range of golfers. Seems perfect to me.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes and for me who regularly plays social games with a bunch of friends who are non members those courses are perfect. Some food, golf and beer at a price that's acceptable accros the range of golfers. Seems perfect to me.

They are perfect for lots of people - hence why you go past them sometimes in the decent weather they are rammed full of people having a round of golf - the pay and pal courses are perfect for the social golfer.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
While it's true that my neck of the woods is usually expensive for green fees, there are some decent enough courses to play. I have a couple of mates of play maybe a dozen times a year and so they don't want a top class course (they came to my club which isn't top class by any stretch but was too long/hard). There's a place called Sutton Green not too far away from here. Always a great welcome, decent food and drink and the course usually presented in good order. Plenty of other courses on offer through Teeofftimes for £30-£40 so there are options out there for people wanting to play different places regularly

sunshine

Visit site

It's Old FOLD Manor.

Lot of work going on there at the moment, reshaping a couple of holes with landfill and converting the practice ground into a proper range facility and academy course. Hope it works out for them.

sunshine

Visit site
If I put my north London postcode into tee times then I get lots of results. Crews hill for 20 quid is nice course with a couple of cracking par 3s. Several others like mill hill, bushey and the like that I've not played but review well enough. You don't need to spend big money to have good days golf with your mates.
Too many course snob about

At this time of year, every course in your north London zone should be great, especially given the weather we've had recently. I think it's in winter where there is a bigger difference, the cheaper courses like Mill Hill will be under water or a mud bath but the more expensive ones will still be playable (if you make the right choice).

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I put my north London postcode into tee times then I get lots of results. Crews hill for 20 quid is nice course with a couple of cracking par 3s. Several others like mill hill, bushey and the like that I've not played but review well enough. You don't need to spend big money to have good days golf with your mates.
Too many course snob about
Fwiw, Hadley on a Twilight is only £40, and they're perfectly happy to see you.
Agreed on crews hill, the best value golf in North London/Herts imho. Though the par 4s are good too...