What distance with less spin

albie999

Visit site
Just wondered, if I produced around 1000 less spin on the last shot, what distance gain would that equate to. From what I understand, with that spin (3209), the ball tends to climb, and the preferred spin rate people advise is around 2200

I ask, as I am still contemplating replacing my driver (Ben Ross Type R), with something newer, and hopefully that generates less spin .... but wondered, if I would gain much more distance?
driver-small.jpg

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just wondered, if I produced around 1000 less spin on the last shot, what distance gain would that equate to. From what I understand, with that spin (3209), the ball tends to climb, and the preferred spin rate people advise is around 2200

I ask, as I am still contemplating replacing my driver (Ben Ross Type R), with something newer, and hopefully that generates less spin .... but wondered, if I would gain much more distance?
View attachment 32110

You have 93 mph and 136 ball speed giving 220 carry and 240 total. I am not sure there is a massive amount more to be eked out unless you can find something which gives more club/ball speed.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
If you have access to the Skytrak, have you tried setting the driver to the lowest loft setting (assuming it's a model that can)?