What Club to Drop.

bignev

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have recently purchased 2 recovery clubs that I love but now have a problem as if I put both in my bag
I will have 15clubs so something has to go.
So which should it be my 4 iron that only see's light of day if Im stuck under a tree or one of my wedges leaving a gap at the scoring end of my bag?
Any advice welcome. :p

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Question:

Do you spend more of your time chopping yourself out from under a tree,

Or playing delicate short pitch shots to tight pin positions?

:fore:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
use a 9 iorn when under the tree and put the hands way way forward. this delofts the club to about a 5 iron and is alot shorter than using the long shafted 4 iron. give it a go. you'll be surprised how well it works.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;xph3bSOObRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xph3bSOObRA&feature=related[/video]

heres a vid of a guy using an 8 iron.

jammag

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If the clubs you have n your signature are still correct then if I was you, I would check what lofts your irons are. I believe most pw are at 48 degree, this depends on whether you have your club adjusted too. Check the lofts of your 4 iron too and see the difference between every club and that may give you an answer.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would drop the 4 iron. Its distance is covered by your hybrid. Other than that the 58* wedge as any shot you can do with the 58* you can do with the 54*. In fact you can do more with the 54* than the 58*. Just use your imagination.

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would drop a longer iron, Wedges are important,
you will use a them more then a 4 iron
Depends how much you really use your 4 iron too
Me i maybe used it 1 , 2 shots a Round, but ive got 14 clubs so im ok

think about it, do you really need your 4?

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For alot of people a Gap wedge is very very good and i would always suggest people use them
FOR ME, i feel im very good with my wedges and can do pretty much any shot i want
So for me its not really needed.
I practise my short game alot, so my wedges are goood right now.
But i would always suggest to others a gap wedge is a good idea

bignev

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all the input, Id aready thought it would be the 4 iron but your comments confirmed that for me.
So first chance to use in comp is tomorrow so will see how I get on.

bignev

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had'nt really noticed until you pointed it out, but no I carry a 50 degree wedge that I use far more than my PW.
and the 54 gets me out of most of our bunkers because they are all fairly shallow. Never thought about getting something between the 50 and the PW if I get any more wedges I wont have room for any other clubs :p

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know you said you love your rescues but at 2 degrees between them what is the distance gap,for me personally I hit a 17 degree hybris and a 20 around the same so kept the 4 iron.