What Ball?

Matty2803

Head Pro
Visit site
Not wanting to/ can't justify using the Pro1 due to cost.

Looking at a ProV1 equivalent.

New Callaway Super Soft? Siren AD333?

Thoughts?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Depends on so many variables. Budget, what sort of ball you want, your playing ability etc. As a general all rounder I'd recommend the AD333 tour but that's a personal preference. Try as many as you can and then stick with what you like and what suits. Many on here will have their own preferences and none are right or wrong

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My 2 favourite balls at the minute are the Titleist DT Solo, and the Srixon AD333, definitely reccomend those 2.

Also used a few Bridgestone e6's recently after finding them, and they're a nice ball too!!

D

Deleted member 15344

Z Stars are around £30

Srixon AD333 isn't really a Pro V equivalent

The Wilson Dx3 soft I think they are called are cheaper

Bridgestone 330RX also cheaper

But it will be whatever you like using

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've settled on the Wilson dx2. Great ball feels night of the face and get some spin around the green.

Also like the Srixon ad333 and the bridgestones. Best just to try a few then settle on the one you like best.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not wanting to/ can't justify using the Pro1 due to cost.

Looking at a ProV1 equivalent.

New Callaway Super Soft? Siren AD333?

Thoughts?

How's about I sell you a box of 13 brand new balls of mixed types all in this sort of range?

Nike One Rzn x4
Taylor Made XD LDP x3
Titleist Velocity x1
Titleist NXT Tour x1
Titleist DT Solo x2 (1 white, 1 yellow)
Titleist NXT Tour S x2 (1 white, 1 yellow)

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the info.

And thanks Rob, but I think I'll just buy a few sleeves and see whats best!!

Shame you missed out on the recent availability of Wilson FG Tours @ £15 per dozen from online golf. Been covered recently but if you for a Pro V1 equivalent then there are loads to choose from.

But why go for an equivalent when you can get the real thing for £20 a dozen if buying 2 dozen a time?

http://www.cgdiscountgolf.co.uk/Titleist-ProV1-ProV1-X-Practice-Balls-P1975.aspx

Bobirdie

Journeyman Pro
www.williamsdoubleglazing.co.uk
If you are looking at a pro v1 equivalent you should be looking at srixon z stars,taylor made penta/ tour preferred however they are priced around the same.

How much are you looking to spend for 12?
Think the callaway hex chromes were decent iirc. Cant go wrong with a nxt tour either.

If your not a brand snob try the dunlop dp1 v3. £20 for 12 out of sports direct. I play pro v1 however i bought a box of the dunlop for winter use and i was very impressed!

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
You've heard the rest but now here's the best although if you can't get a sleeve or two of these bad boys then I'd say Titleist NXT Tour or Srixon Z Star image.jpg

Last edited:

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
If your not a brand snob try the dunlop dp1 v3. £20 for 12 out of sports direct. I play pro v1 however i bought a box of the dunlop for winter use and i was very impressed!

Second this, been seriously impressed with the box I bought this week. We will see when the greens get baked hard again, but no reason to go back to pro v's at the moment!

RobertB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been impressed by the z-star. Usually play pro vix but bough a dozen for winter golf. Last one has gone 54 holes and doesn't look too shabby. Will be interested to compare it come late April early may too see distance and spin on drier conditions.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Zstar is available on golf
Depot for £25 a dozen.
If you want a pro v equivalent for less money then there is your answer.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jeeez i hit one those last week after fiinding it on the course...my hands are still stinging! :(

I have a mate who when he carves one into the trees not only always finds his own ball but generally finds another 2-3 Pro V1s or other premiums. I normally find Commandos, Molitors or bloody DDHs! :smirk: