What are "Men's flex" irons?

Birdie_Battler

Visit site
I have been given a set of Wilson pro staff SGI high launch irons, the sticker on the shaft says "Men's flex" on it. I can't find any reference online to what this means in terms of stiffness. Is it the same as Regular or somewhere between regular and stiff?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not really an answer to your question, but there is no set industry standard to what Regular/Stiff/Senior/etc means. One Regular may be stiffer than another maker's Stiff so it is just a guessing game

Birdie_Battler

Visit site
Not really an answer to your question, but there is no set industry standard to what Regular/Stiff/Senior/etc means. One Regular may be stiffer than another maker's Stiff so it is just a guessing game
Thanks for the response. I guess I meant on the spectrum of Wilson clubs, what does it mean. As I've only found Regular, Stiff, Uniflex etc for Wilson clubs online, and never any 'Men's flex' clubs

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'd say that as the clubs you refer to are super game improvement, Wilson haven't gone into many options for things such as shafts etc and so just offer men's flex and ladies flex.

I'd guess it would be their equivalent of a regular flex.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pro Staff are at the cheap end of the Wilson Range and as a beginners set they only offer mens, womens, seniors and teens so safe to assume mens means regular

good review here