What Am I Doing

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Bit of a strange one.

I've been struggling with hybrids, 3 wood and 5 wood off the deck, really getting in my head.
So this week I went down the range with just hybrids and woods and kept trying to hit them correctly, eventually in desperation I started trying different ball position, grip etc, basically clutching at straws, if I teed the ball up on a very low tee I was hitting them fine, then I had a eureka moment, I took my normal grip, stance posture etc but lined the ball up directly opposite my left foot, I was creaming them. Today I played in a Club comp and was hitting them all (apart from 3 wood, that wasn't in the bag) better than I ever have, loved it.
So, my question is, what have I actually done? Why is addressing the ball of my foot working,

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the bit that matters through impact - the swing direction (clubhead around knee-high in the downswing to same height in the throughswing) is moving to leftfield a fair bit (further leftfield the more the swing is going up) - so swinging what commonplace would be referred to as out to in - sometimes all of this is a reaction to faceangle, the swing direction the cast/flip is about trying to deliver the face at a 'squarer' impact position - so grip and set-up alignment can all play into this

the AoA will be a little ways steep and moving right to left so given the AoA/swing direction the ball has to be further up in the stance to make any kind of solid contact if the difference between the swing direction and face angle happens to be little ways smaller at impact also then there's a chance to get it around the golf course with the couple issue compensations neutralizing each other some

combined with this 'the angles' (so what folks call lag) will be tending to be lost a little early on in the downswing so bit of a cast action depends where that happens in the swings made as to where the 'low point' is in the arc that variance gives the 'fats to thins' stuff

how the club goes back what happens to weight and posture so any sway change in vertical height etc and the like has a bearing on what happens during transition - set-up etc plays into all of this stuff before anything moves

if you recently had lessons try to go back to what things were being discussed as stuff to look at to help the swing motion

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

the bit that matters through impact - the swing direction (clubhead around knee-high in the downswing to same height in the throughswing) is moving to leftfield a fair bit (further leftfield the more the swing is going up) - so swinging what commonplace would be referred to as out to in - sometimes all of this is a reaction to faceangle, the swing direction the cast/flip is about trying to deliver the face at a 'squarer' impact position - so grip and set-up alignment can all play into this

the AoA will be a little ways steep and moving right to left so given the AoA/swing direction the ball has to be further up in the stance to make any kind of solid contact if the difference between the swing direction and face angle happens to be little ways smaller at impact also then there's a chance to get it around the golf course with the couple issue compensations neutralizing each other some

combined with this 'the angles' (so what folks call lag) will be tending to be lost a little early on in the downswing so bit of a cast action depends where that happens in the swings made as to where the 'low point' is in the arc that variance gives the 'fats to thins' stuff

how the club goes back what happens to weight and posture so any sway change in vertical height etc and the like has a bearing on what happens during transition - set-up etc plays into all of this stuff before anything moves

if you recently had lessons try to go back to what things were being discussed as stuff to look at to help the swing motion
Cheers Coach, lesson coming up in 2 weeks time, frustrating that my Irons are going great!!