What about afterwards?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've thought about this question since last night. At the moment I just want a dose of normal. No grand gestures, no big holidays, just normal. I can't get my head around anything beyond that right now.

This is quite unusual for me. After every funeral I have been to we have booked a holiday within 48 hours in a 'stuff it' kind of way. Perhaps the same will happen once this is over.

Wolf

Visit site
As others have said depends on when its "over".

We have a fortnight booked in Spain in August so that would be a most welcome break though not holding out hopes of it happening at moment.

But after that it will be about taking time to explore the world already added Nimes to the list of places we want to go. Spending more time taking the kids places and making the most of their younger years as missing them a lot right now and it's an eye opener to how much more we can value that time together. Also spending more time with my parents now they're in later years not being able to see them highlights perhaps how much I've taken seeing them for granted.

Then I plan to do some crazy things like Fell running or an ultra marathon for charity. Most of all I think the focus for me is going to be family and filling the big scrapbook of life with memories that we can all cherish and leave behind for our kids.

Then I may even consider going to play golf again as right now thats the very last of my plans.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another one who has golf at the bottom of my list. My village pub is planning a re-opening night for the locals and that will be the first stop. Just a chance to hug my friends will be enough to start with. I then need to go round and shake the hands of every person who has helped look after my mum during lockdown. She has never been short of contact in her village.

Then, and this surprised me, I need to get in the gym and start building back to where I was before all of this.

After that, just a period of re-assessment. This has made me think about and focus on what is important to me and I am hoping that I can get rid of some of the static in my life and focus on those things.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
There will be a glut of s/h jigsaws on ebay :love:

The last 5 years or so I have come into a habit of doing a jigsaw between Christmas and new year.
Generally buy them new at charity shops and usually have a few in the loft.
Gave most back to a charity shop 3 months ago.:eek:
The Quartermaster [Lady Doon's new family nickname] and I have enjoyed doing a couple during lockdown. She went on line to buy [only new of course] and they are asking stupid prices for them.

I've become addicted, having never done any before. I've bought a few new ones before they really hiked prices but also a few "used, built once". I'm planning to donate mine to anyone in the village who wants them when completed as don't imagine I'd be fussed about doing them twice.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've not played golf this year and had thought I'd get out when the weather and course were better...best laid plans and all that. As a result I'm not missing it at all and not sure what part it will play in my life once things get back to normal. I think it will be one of many hobbies and not THE hobby, and just play when I feel like it and forget about lessons, practice, improving, handicap etc. In light of that if they offered me a nice 12 handicap right now I'd be happy :)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My plans for this year have been put very firmly on hold.

I was intending to visit many places in this country that I have never been to.

My own view has become that I will wait until there is a vaccine before putting my travel plans back in place.

Made me realise that I really should get a flu jab each winter.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We are putting away all the money we would have spent on sky sports, gym membership, coffee, etc and saving for a nice spa break for when it is all over

Wolf

Visit site
Another one who has golf at the bottom of my list. My village pub is planning a re-opening night for the locals and that will be the first stop. Just a chance to hug my friends will be enough to start with. I then need to go round and shake the hands of every person who has helped look after my mum during lockdown. She has never been short of contact in her village.

Then, and this surprised me, I need to get in the gym and start building back to where I was before all of this.

After that, just a period of re-assessment. This has made me think about and focus on what is important to me and I am hoping that I can get rid of some of the static in my life and focus on those things.
Out of interest GB do you use the services of a PT/S&C coach or have a plan you follow.

Reason I ask is if you don't and to repay the act of kindness you have offered me, I'll happily structure you a full 12 week plan including adaptations, full periodisation for progression and mobility work to improve flexibility. Not only that but I will extend that to 4 other forummers as well whether they be gym users or homework out/runners as a way of giving back a bit of good Karma. If you already use someone I'll make it 5 forummers instead ??

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of interest GB do you use the services of a PT/S&C coach or have a plan you follow.

Reason I ask is if you don't and to repay the act of kindness you have offered me, I'll happily structure you a full 12 week plan including adaptations, full periodisation for progression and mobility work to improve flexibility. Not only that but I will extend that to 4 other forummers as well whether they be gym users or homework out/runners as a way of giving back a bit of good Karma. If you already use someone I'll make it 5 forummers instead ??

Thank you, may be something for later in the year. Once I get back to the gym I need to put some money in the pockets of the PTs as, whilst I have not used them much before, they have been posing live workouts 3 times a day, every day since this started for nothing and so I need to make sure that some of my money makes its way to them as a thank you by booking in a number of PTs (its that whole karma thing again :D:D)

Wolf

Visit site
Thank you, may be something for later in the year. Once I get back to the gym I need to put some money in the pockets of the PTs as, whilst I have not used them much before, they have been posing live workouts 3 times a day, every day since this started for nothing and so I need to make sure that some of my money makes its way to them as a thank you by booking in a number of PTs (its that whole karma thing again :D:D)
Absolutely good idea keeps the guys in work after a trying time of zero income. As stated in my last post then I'll arrange it for 5 other forummers and I'll also keep one open for you whenever you want it ??

I'll drop you a PM later about the logistic of your offer.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Absolutely good idea keeps the guys in work after a trying time of zero income. As stated in my last post then I'll arrange it for 5 other forummers and I'll also keep one open for you whenever you want it ??

Just a thought Wolfie; if the renewed lockdown comes in with stricter controls travel might be a little harder, as they did here in Spain. Could be worth firming things up fairly sharpish.

Wolf

Visit site
Just a thought Wolfie; if the renewed lockdown comes in with stricter controls travel might be a little harder, as they did here in Spain. Could be worth firming things up fairly sharpish.
Already working on the logistics now so as I see it we need to do a proper shop before firm up, Asda we use is in Grantham so if its ok with GB I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Then I can get to work at home for my end of bargain for others ???

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

No problem. Will check it all out when I get back today. Reckon we can find a village in between us to meet then neither of us needs to travel more than 10 or 15 miles. I reckon Navenby could be a good mid spot.

Wolf

Visit site
No problem. Will check it all out when I get back today. Reckon we can find a village in between us to meet then neither of us needs to travel more than 10 or 15 miles. I reckon Navenby could be a good mid spot.
Sounds good to me GB, I can go that way towards lincoln from here and I have to pop to Waddington for work to pick some bits up

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Planning to use the money saved in lockdown to play a few of the nicer local courses that we haven't played before. I'm sure we'll go on a couple of holidays to make up for the trips we've had cancelled. I'm sure there will be a few booze-ups with the footy team, colleagues with work, etc.

I also think I'm going to treat myself to some new irons. I was already considering doing an Orka build this year, but again with the money saved by staying at home that should make it easier to afford as well. Obviously, that's assuming my job situation doesn't change for the worse, touch wood. At the moment I'm still working from home on my normal pay, but they have been muttering about cutting people's pay for a while.

sunshine

Visit site
The day the lockdown lifts is the day the bucketlist will start to be booked. Jaen, Badajoz, Jerez, Cadiz, Huelva, Evora(Portugal) - on the way to Lisbon. There's a whole lot more hillside towns and seaside fishing villages. Sounds expensive? A decent village hotel will come in at anything from €25 a night for a room. A decent 4* spa hotel can be got from €50 a night. And a decent evening meal, away from the tourist areas, inc drinks, will come in at less than €15.

Jerez is a lovely city, take your sticks and play Montecastillo. If you're going that way then Sevilla is beautiful too (if you haven't already been), great nightlife and Real Sevilla is a cracking JM Olazabal designed course that is good value because it's off the golf tourist trail. It has hosted a WGC and Spanish Opens. Used to love heading down to that part of the world for a short break, with two football clubs in Sevilla one of them was always at home so we usually got a game in (remember once enjoying Betis beat Chelsea in the Champions League). Writing this I am now resolved to go back there!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Without taking away the feel good factor in this thread. What is it you mean you say ‘afterwards’ or ‘when its over’ ? Does that mean you’d do these things when the lock-down is lifted? or a month later... 6 months later, a year!

And when you picture yourself back on the golf course, somewhere hot on the beach, a romantic getaway, visiting family round the country etc etc are you still wearing disposable gloves/mask in restaurants, do you hug anyone/shake hands?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Without taking away the feel good factor in this thread. What is it you mean you say ‘afterwards’ or ‘when its over’ ? Does that mean you’d do these things when the lock-down is lifted? or a month later... 6 months later, a year!

And when you picture yourself back on the golf course, somewhere hot on the beach, a romantic getaway, visiting family round the country etc etc are you still wearing disposable gloves/mask in restaurants, do you hug anyone/shake hands?
On similar lines, I was wondering what anyone would actually did differently if all restraints were lifted today? Not too much I'm imagining.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Less work and more golf and fun. Try to get the vtec mini back on the road, so I can take son for a drive in it again.

B series or K series engine? Would love to buy one ready done as a faff around. (y)

Probably in the minority, but I've kinda enjoyed this lockdown. Mainly because I've spent so much time with my 4yr and 8month old boys. Time I probably wouldn't had had during normal times. I know the virus will pass eventually so making the most of it.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I would recommend anyone that can to take this gents offer, last year young Wolf did me a quick starter program on weights and it gave me the kick up the arse I needed to get fitness back into my life. A decent bloke and very knowledgeable. ????