What’s your 1st cut/rough like

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First cut is just a centimetre or so longer than the fairway cut so easily playable second cut is another few centimetres longer again most of the time you can see it and get a reasonable lie.

But we have three levels the worst of which is basically waist high (in places) and thick, if you go in there you aren't finding it and if you do you probably can't get it out very far, most of the time you've got to be really wayward to get in there but there are some places where it's a bit too close to the racing line for my liking!
like this there’s room for a bad shot but hit a wayward one and you are knee deep.
The greenkeepers cant keep up with the growth.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If your first cut is brutal and lost ball material then I'd suggest your greens staff are doing you a disservice, that's not what first cut is about.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours is about 4-5 inches. On its own that is tough enough but when you add in all the dead grass that has been cut over the last few weeks and hasn't been cleared away then it is penal.

First round of the club champs on Saturday and I believe some of the members are helping to tidy up the course over the next few days.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't know. I tend to not go in it. Generally hitting so far right I end up on next fairway. Something to be said for a controlled :whistle: power fade