Wet weather gloves

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just posted this on a new thread. Should have checked for old threads first. "I am researching a pair of golf gloves for a senior golfer. He uses a buggy so his hands tend to get cold. He plays in all weather conditions so a pair of winter gloves which also act as rain gloves would be very useful. Any advice on what to buy would be appreciated.

I posted a response on that thread - but it's disappeared??? My response was exactly as written above - wet is about grip; warm is about dry. They don't mix.
Get the best mittens you can afford, ensuring they are large enough to go on and off wet hands. Add a supply of dry towels and you chosen wet weather grip solution.
Anything else is a compromise (neoprene gloves in the style of sea fishermen would be an example) and may be relevant to being on a wet golf course but aren't appropriate to competitive golf.

tatenda1234

Visit site
Thanks for the info. I use a pair my self. They keep my hands warm in winter and are good in rain. They absorb water but as this water warms up they are still reasonably warm in the cold. I would like a better pair for my friend. Nike advertise a pair which they say say are good in cold and rain but I wonder does that mean they are effective when it is both cold and wet.
I posted a response on that thread - but it's disappeared??? My response was exactly as written above - wet is about grip; warm is about dry. They don't mix.
Get the best mittens you can afford, ensuring they are large enough to go on and off wet hands. Add a supply of dry towels and you chosen wet weather grip solution.
Anything else is a compromise (neoprene gloves in the style of sea fishermen would be an example) and may be relevant to being on a wet golf course but aren't appropriate to competitive golf.

D

Deleted Member 1156

IF you search here youll find a few threads on it. Some, me included, recommend the footjoy raingrip (either single or pair) whilst many others swear blind by the macwets - you wont go wrong with either imo

I've tried both, either are very good but I'd go for the macwets. I ordered a pair from my local AG, said £20 on the website but when I collected from the shop I was only charged £8 :thup:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Macwets come in 2 sorts, 1 for summer and 1 for winter, and both of those come with short or long cuffs.

I have the summer ones (Micromesh) which have been great for me so far, but looking at the website the ones for cooler weather (Climatec) are waterproof, windproof and still supposedly offer the same grip as the ones more commonly used by those on here.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have the footjoy that we tested in prototype form been released yet?
I saw a press release about some rain gloves from footjoy but couldn't figure out if they were the same ones. I thought those gloves ran the macwets close to a win, so will certainly be searching them out when they are released.

tatenda1234

Visit site
Checked out the climatec on web. Winner so far. The guy I am buying for is 82 years young and plays at least four times a week in all weathers and in this country that frequently means cold and wet.
Macwets come in 2 sorts, 1 for summer and 1 for winter, and both of those come with short or long cuffs.

I have the summer ones (Micromesh) which have been great for me so far, but looking at the website the ones for cooler weather (Climatec) are waterproof, windproof and still supposedly offer the same grip as the ones more commonly used by those on here.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Bought a pair of Coldgear winter gloves from the pro at The Kittocks on Sunday.. sure they got wet, but at no point when wearing them whilst wet did I feel my hands get cold or uncomfortable from wearing them.

Got a good grip throughout my round too.. best £20 i've spent in a long time.