West Sussex - Chichester/ Goodwood area

Blade Junkie

Visit site
I would add that the Junior program at Goodwood is superb. Cheap as chips, tons of coaching and events. May be a factor if your 8 year old plays or wants to learn ?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Cowdray Park is a decent course, with some stunning views. Mate of mine is a member. It was also one of the few courses with lush green fairways a couple of years back. Have there own water hole.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I played Cowdray in a match a couple of years ago, decent enough but it has a couple of holes that left me shaking my head. The first par 3 (3rd?) is poorly designed, huge amount of luck required to hold the green. Then there is the ridiculous 3 tiered shared green. My mate ran all the way to the bottom tier when playing the hole that uses the top tier and had to wedge it back up to the correct tier. Fortunately he didn't take a divot out of the green. There is also another downhill hole that has a tiny shelf on the front of the green and that's where the flag was for us, virtually impossible to keep the ball on the correct tier. It was in good nick, lots of nice holes but just a bit silly in places.