West Lancs 25/4/16

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How was your day guys? Can imagine it was tough!

What a course, as good as I've played I reckon. In fantastic condition.

I left a few shots out there, but generally drove, fairway wooded, pitched and putted really well. Must really learn to hit a drive into wind that's also off the left. I can't keep getting away with aiming 100yds left.

As as for the game, I saw a 342yd drive (with) and also a smashed 6i 100yrds (against) that's how strong the wind was. Me an Stegsie dovetailed really well, we both blobbed 14 after good drives, which still grates a bit :( however, coming home with 39pts is nothing to be sniffed at.

It was also great to catch up with the cracking Nw lads and meet Simon.

Roll on Aberdeen :):):)

Last edited:

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Loved it! As Dave said, course was in fantastic condition. Wind was a huge factor - must be a nightmare track in the winter!!!

I could have played so much better, but I enjoyed it none the less. A great format 4BBB, even though I didn't play well I did have a few good holes so was able to score and contribute a little. I'll eat out on my huge drive on the 9th for many a year to come!!!!

Cracking banter with the lads on the way around and a pleasure to meet you all. Will be back out again in the near future for sure, so I will keep an eye out for the next round. If anyone fancies a knock around West Derby just give me a shout and I will arrange it.

Cheers fellas.

Last edited:

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yeah, great day out, played ok in tough conditions :whistle:
Me and the Wolf had 34, Huds and Iain 35.
All hit some good (and not so good :eek:) shots, threw in a few birdies too :D
Course in superb condition.
Well done to the pther lads, great scoring.
Good to meet Simon (paperboy) too.

See you in Scotland lads :whoo::cheers:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Loved it! As Dave said, course was in fantastic condition. Wind was a huge factor - must be a nightmare track in the winter!!!

I could have played so much better, but I enjoyed it none the less. A great format 4BBB, even though I didn't play well I did have a few good holes so was able to score and contribute a little. I'll eat out on my huge drive on the 9th for many a year to come!!!!

Cracking banter with the lads on the way around and a pleasure to meet you all. Will be back out again in the near future for sure, so I will keep an eye out for the next round. If anyone fancies a knock around West Derby just give me a shout and I will arrange it.

Cheers fellas.

you can only regale on that drive on the 9th, if you back it up with the tale of the drive on 10 :rofl:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
As always a thoroughly enjoyable day out with great company :thup:

Course was better than I remembered it actually, really enjoyed it and was in good nick for this time of year. Golf wasn't so clever, gave myself plenty short game practice missing greens!

Tough conditions though, was absolutely freezing in the wind and not a day for ego massaging distance wise into the wind, don't think I'll ever forget the look on Wolfie's face after he pured a 5 iron on the tenth and came up 40 yards short :rofl:

Cheers for the company all, enjoy the Scotland trip you lucky gits :(

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I told you it was a cracking, but tough, track.

When we played it the other year it wasnt at its best, and 2 of the holes were fore-shortened (10 and 11 iirc).

Playing to handicap on there is tough, if windy.

So, whose up for the Ted Jarman in September - 36 holes for about £45, but handicaps 3-9 only, I think.

D

Deleted member 1740

Had a great afternoon here today, some cracking holes and that wind didn't help.

The greens were superb and considering the tough conditions I thought it was still playable.

With a better partner I'd have won it today :rofl:

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the day out folks.

Enjoyed every minute of it.

Great to meet Simon and Stegsie-La.

Well played Dave & Stegsie. Top pairing out of all four. Unfortunately for you though we were playing blind Kazakhstani scramble and you owe us all £20.00 each

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Had a great afternoon here today, some cracking holes and that wind didn't help.

The greens were superb and considering the tough conditions I thought it was still playable.

With a better partner I'd have won it today :rofl:

Just a good job your used to carrying all that weight it wasn't a problem today :whistle:

I hit some great tee shots unfortunately my new middle name is 'sh@nk', lovely course even better company. I'm sure I'll remember how to play golf soon!!!

My at least I hope so.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tough conditions though, was absolutely freezing in the wind and not a day for ego massaging distance wise into the wind, don't think I'll ever forget the look on Wolfie's face after he pured a 5 iron on the tenth and came up 40 yards short :rofl:

Or the 9 iron from 165 that overshot the green by 15 yards. I finally know what it feels like to hit forum distances!!

Great day on a great course. Beautifully prepared course, and some of those greens were impossible to hold. Some quality golf on show as well 👍

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I told you it was a cracking, but tough, track.

When we played it the other year it wasnt at its best, and 2 of the holes were fore-shortened (10 and 11 iirc).

Playing to handicap on there is tough, if windy.

So, whose up for the Ted Jarman in September - 36 holes for about £45, but handicaps 3-9 only, I think.

I fancy that Ted Jarman Pete but is the same weekend as a big 2 day comp at my place (as is the SAOL 36 holer this year). If I don't qualify for it this year and there's space I'll play in it.

If it's windy and/or you're not playing well 36 round there could be traumatic!!!!