Were people always this crazy?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
There is no such thing as gravity...the earth sucks!

That is true. There is no such thing as gravity.
There is no attraction between the sun (a helium factory) and the earth (a flat rock), or between any other bodies.
It baffles scientists to this day.
The best explanation science has is that the earth follows the easiest path it can through space and time caused by the warping effect of our star.
Try taking a 3D image of the earth from space. You can only take a 2D image.
John Wheeler quote: 'There is nothing in the earth except for empty curved space. Matter, charge, electromagnetism and other forces are only manifestations of the curvature of space.'
Which means only space is curved.
Think about it. Biggest conspiracy theory ever that the earth is a sphere.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the past people kept their stupid theories on things to themself. Problem now is they have can easily interact with people that have the same stupid ideas making them believe that they are right.

This is it, crazy and stupid have always been here, it just now has a platform to speak from.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That is true. There is no such thing as gravity.
There is no attraction between the sun (a helium factory) and the earth (a flat rock), or between any other bodies.
It baffles scientists to this day.
The best explanation science has is that the earth follows the easiest path it can through space and time caused by the warping effect of our star.
Try taking a 3D image of the earth from space. You can only take a 2D image.
John Wheeler quote: 'There is nothing in the earth except for empty curved space. Matter, charge, electromagnetism and other forces are only manifestations of the curvature of space.'
Which means only space is curved.
Think about it. Biggest conspiracy theory ever that the earth is a sphere.

Are you trying to tell me -seriously- that THE MOON IS NOT MADE OF CHEESE???--seriously???
I'm going to report you to the MODS,,this cannot be allowed!!----Next thing you know is that you'll be 'alleging' Jack Nicklaus was a good golfer??

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Totally agree with this. There was always an idiot in the pub who would get more vocal as their alcohol intake increased. People avoided eye contact with them, switched off when they spoke. You hoped they would shut up when they realised no one was listening. Now they have a worldwide audience.

I did a similar cull a few months ago. It makes Facebook much more enjoyable again afterwards. I don't miss any of this who didn't make the cut ?
The 'unfollow' option is your friend on FB (y)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I ‘unfollowed’ a good friend on FB last year when his conspiracy theories around Covid got weirder and weirder. “There’s a chip in the vaccine,” and “it’s a plan by the Rothchilds to make big money from Pharma,“ and “it’s Bill Gates.” And the anti Semitic rants around they planned it all. Pure crazy!

We still bowl together every week but he knows not to expound his theories when I’m there.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Are you trying to tell me -seriously- that THE MOON IS NOT MADE OF CHEESE???--seriously???

Where did I say that?
But the moon only exists if it is observed (Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum physics).
And not just the moon but nothing is real until it is observed.
However, what you see around you is an illusion of reality. The brain builds up its own virtual model.

That's because the whole universe is flat, not just the earth.
It is not like a balloon blowing up with the galaxies occupying the outer edge of the film after the so called Big Bang.
More and more scientists are coming to the idea that the universe acts like a hologram - a 3D manifestation of a 2D plane.

What we know about the universe is next to nothing. We don't know what time is, we know nothing about dark matter and energy.
Michael Talbot's book The Holographic Universe based on the work of top scientists is a must read.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Just look at all the different atrocities that have taken place in different countries over the century and millennia to know there have always been the crazy people out there.
It's just now, there are people out there who have the ability to find other like-minded individuals on social media who basically reinforce their views and allow them to say, "See! I was right!", even though they're patently wrong. I have a friend who, before Covid, was reading all sorts of conspiracy theories on Facebook and it suited him as it fitted his own personal agenda. When I asked who these people in "Anonymous" where, he said, "They're the people in the know!". I asked how did he know that if they were anonymous. That he was believing them because they suited what he wanted to believe. He just didn't get it, he just kept on saying "They're the people in the know!". :rolleyes:

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It is not like a balloon blowing up with the galaxies occupying the outer edge of the film after the so called Big Bang.
More and more scientists are coming to the idea that the universe acts like a hologram - a 3D manifestation of a 2D plane.
I think that most people here are just ignoring you as thinking that you are a bit of a crackpot, but I'm really interested in this. What are your sources please.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Where did I say that?
But the moon only exists if it is observed (Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum physics).
And not just the moon but nothing is real until it is observed.
However, what you see around you is an illusion of reality. The brain builds up its own virtual model.

What we know about the universe is next to nothing. We don't know what time is, we know nothing about dark matter and energy.
Michael Talbot's book The Holographic Universe based on the work of top scientists is a must read.

OMG Love this :ROFLMAO: where do cameras store your soul when they take pictures :ROFLMAO:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
OMG Love this :ROFLMAO: where do cameras store your soul when they take pictures :ROFLMAO:
Ooh, bad mistake. That's the "Have you stopped beating your wife" question. You are assuming the existence of a soul in the first place. I don't fully understand this, but I'm sure @stefanovic will be able to explain. I have no proof that he or she is a real being, though. Might all be in my imagination.