We're not JUST a golf course.........

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
So....chatting away on the drive up to Lancaster I said to the wife, coz we've played some stonking courses this year. Which? Glad you've asked. S&A, Cavendish, St Annes Old links, Lindrick, Lancaster brag brag. Which one / ones were the best? Her answer? Well they're just golf courses.......:eek:

So, the answer expected as it was prompted me to think it would be great to ask the great and good on here how they would promote a top course using the phrase in the title. Not to add we do catering and a brilliant chip buttie but to add to the impression that we are an just.......well....amazing golf course.

Go on then.........I couldn't do it but I'm sure you can. By the way, I'm ruling out throttling her and shouting it's a James Braid Course coz she don't know.....

I think a prize should be awarded for the best answer to this coz it's hard.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Describing a track as 'A Shining Diamond' is not allowed (just as 'A Hidden Gem' is not allowed for those courses not so celebrated). Though come to think about it - I rather like 'A Shining Diamond' or 'A Sparkling Diamond' of a course.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
some nice courses on that list, Cavandish is on my wish list this year.

For me a great course is one that is instantly recalled, I also like a good looking first hole that give you a wow!
I am not bothered about the non golf stuff, after all its a golf course not a restaurant

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
some nice courses on that list, Cavandish is on my wish list this year.

For me a great course is one that is instantly recalled, I also like a good looking first hole that give you a wow!
I am not bothered about the non golf stuff, after all its a golf course not a restaurant
OT reply here, but something that bugs the shiney out of me, Trip Advisor reviews of golf courses that are all about the food and catering. Go to restaurants and review there you illiterate morons

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Heineken bought Moretti in 1996 and sold the brewery premises the following year and switched production to its existing breweries.
Its a pint of Heineken with a Moretti name only.
Castello bought the Moretti brewery premises from Heineken, but Heineken get to keep the brand name.