Wentworth Eye Opener

And29

Head Pro
Visit site
Attended my first Golf tournament yesterday
And it was amazing, the quality of the ball striking was a massive eye opener..

I have watched so much golf after starting playing 2 years ago and being happy with my game, started shooting in the 100's and know steady mid to late 80's which I'm very happy with..

But I've always been tinkering with my club had about 4 drivers and even more 3 woods...

I've never had a lesson.. Got all my information off you tube and TV.
My head was in the sand when people said have a lesson.

After going to see the pros playing
My head is now out the sand and I will not be messing with the bag for a long while..
Booking lessons ASAP
It's clear that this is the way for me to improve!

russo

Club Champion
Visit site
Getting lessons was the best thing I ever did. After playing for 10 years or so, shooting in the low 100s, my game has been transformed after taking lessons for a year now.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It's still absolutely legitimate to keep searching for the 'ultimate' 3-Wood! As long as you stay pretty faithful to it once you have found it. Like the Putter, it's a club that is particularly personal!

sam19113

Club Champion
Visit site
I was there as well yesterday and it was absolutely unreal. Watching the guy's hit shot after shot on the range, with all kinds of shot shapes, was amazing. Short games are next level too.

I had lessons when I started and it helped me massively. Don't play too often at the moment but when I do I have those key swing thoughts to help which is such a bonus.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Always been a big fan of lessons and feel that they have helped my game move forward and although the handicap doesn't reflect that even on bad days like today I can cobble a respectable 32 points which a year ago would have been 25-26. I need to eliminate the two bad holes per round and with a more robust short game I can move forward. To anyone thinking about lessons, quite simply - DO IT

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's great seeing the pros up close. It just seems like no effort for them but send it miles. I could spend all day on the range just watching and never get bored, but it is really interesting to follow a group and see a whole round, seeing the different types of shots and see how a round develops.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
the quality of a pro's ball striking just doesnt come across as well on TV as it does in real life. The fizz of the ball as it it flies and the sound of the impact.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Looking at the pro's is great, it really is a different game, but for the average handicap golfer who wants to take something for their own game, you could do worse than look at the Ladies European Tour, half our size yet hit it further than we do
It's all down to technique , so look there chaps

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not many of the male pros look like they're giving it a whack I don't think, most of them have very smooth, rhythmical swings. Can only think of a few that look like they're really trying to get it whacked (Gary Stal being one of them). That tempo, and then the consistency of the strike are the things that stood out to me. Such effortless power, and the quality of the strike is exceptional, makes a completely different noise than I've ever heard out of a golf club.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking at the pro's is great, it really is a different game, but for the average handicap golfer who wants to take something for their own game, you could do worse than look at the Ladies European Tour, half our size yet hit it further than we do

We're lucky in that a LET player is based at our club and she's always out practicing and playing, last time i saw her she birdied the first 4 holes :lol: but then had to go in as had waitress duties to do :) Her Dad is steward.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
We're lucky in that a LET player is based at our club and she's always out practicing and playing, last time i saw her she birdied the first 4 holes :lol: but then had to go in as had waitress duties to do :) Her Dad is steward.

There is a big LET tournament in early July at the Buckinghamshire just off J1 M40

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site

Great post, completely agree.