Welsh Golf Clubs to Close?

Doodle

Visit site
So apparently after the announcement by the Welsh assembly that they are going to have a two & half week lockdown "Firebreak" (who comes up with this cobblers?) Welsh golf courses also have to close.
Insanity.

Grizzly

Visit site
Out of curiosity, aside from the odd one in the bar, does anyone know of a positive Covid case linked back to playing golf? I mean, a more socially distanced activity is hard to imagine...

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Someone has to be at the course to run things, if non-essential businesses must shut then I'd have thought that includes golf course staff.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wales ahead of the curve here, wish them all the best and I really hope it works.

A bit of time off soggy autumn golf is a small price to pay.

D

Deleted member 21258

Wales out much later than England first time round and Wales first to go back into lockdown. Something doesn't make sense

Going to really consider the position of the country membership I have in Wales. Paid last year to help the club out but not sure I will do it again, something to ponder over, maybe I will. A shame to even have to think about it.:unsure::(

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Out of curiosity, aside from the odd one in the bar, does anyone know of a positive Covid case linked back to playing golf? I mean, a more socially distanced activity is hard to imagine...
A group of about 16 at my club went to Portugal in the early days of COVID.
4 had symptoms and were in hospital just after their return. I've never seen any info about the others in the party.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s been far from ideal the last few months in Bridgend (South Wales )I haven’t been able to play my home course as we’ve had a local lockdown on too and now this ,financially it’s a bit of ball ache ,in all fairness my home club has sorted out some sort of agreement so us Bridgend members can play for a reduced fee at other local courses and vice versa ,but when you still paying your monthly membership plus all these green fees on top it adds up .

Doodle

Visit site
Our annual fees are due 1st Jan (England) I paid up last year because it was before the lockdown in March.
But, tbh if they keep this nonsense up with these lockdown's I won't be so keen to pay up this time around, especially as I have to pay for me & the Mrs.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have had to bring Saturdays comp forward a day to Friday to beat the lockdown. Bar prices have been slashed to get rid of most of the stock so there is a plus side to it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure it's a bad thing assuming some green staff will be allowed to stay on as essential as they were in the first national lockdown. Should give them a chance to do a few jobs around the course and also give the greens a breather which can't be a bad thing