Well, that was an interesting few days.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've been off this week while we've had workmen at the house.

On Wednesday I had an appointment for an MRI Scan at the New Victoria Hospital in Glasgow. Nothing major but I seem to have TWO golfers elbows so they wanted to do the scan to see what treatment they would recommend.
Well they decided to do TWO scans per elbow. At 20+ minutes per scan, that's about 1.5 hours having to lie stock still. This was compounded that whilst they give you headphones, for the first scan I was subjected to Ricky Gervais as David Brent and I HATE Ricky Gervais (#pretentiousprat). So I asked them to change it for the second and they forgot to put anything on so that was spent listening to all the strange noises of the MRI. Last two scans I had Radio 2 with Jeremy Vine (slightly better).

Anyway, as I stood up I felt pretty dizzy and I didn't realise that MRI could do that. It cleared after about 15 minutes but the plan then was for the rest of the week to strip and re-decorate the utility room.

So at about 6:30 that evening, after clearing out the utility room, I popped to a friends to borrow their pasting board. Driving back I suddenly got an agonising pain in my lower left abdomen. So bad was it I had to stop, get out of the car and rest. When the pain subsided I drove home and settled down but after three more attacks of excruciating pain the missus decided to take me to A&E. So back to the New Victoria but forgot that was now a Minor Injuries Unit and that the A&E was over at the new Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Anyway, they got me to see their on-site GP and he took me in (at about 8:45) and examined me and said he believed it was a kidney stone. Gave me two injections (one per buttock), one for the pain and one for the nausea and told me to see how I felt. I gradually started to feel better so he gave me some painkillers and was about to send me home and see my own GP the following day. At which point the pain came back so he sent me to A&E at the Queen Elizabeth. We got there about 11pm and I got a whole raft of tests, BP, ECG, Bloods, Urine, Chest, etc. (amazingly, despite my 'robust' figure, everything else was fine). Eventually said that it was a kidney stone but wanted me back for a CT Scan and would try to arrange one asap and ring me with a time. We eventually got home at 2am on the Thursday morning. The poor missus was up at 7am for work.

So I got called back for a CT Scan on Friday am at the Queen Elizabeth, told to be there for 9:30am. Eventually got the scan at 10:30, waited about 2 hours for the results, confirmed I have a 4mm kidney stone which has now departed the kidney and is heading for destination willy. Told to drink lots of water, try to get it flushed out asap but it could take 30-40 days. I am wearing out the carpet between the living room and the loo! And I am still getting the pains but thankfully have been given enough painkillers to drug out the pains a fair bit.

So eventually managed to start on the utility room yesterday but it turns out it's about 3 layers of waterproof contour paper which is proving a bugger to remove. I've about half of the paper off so far but the hardest bit is still to do.

All in all, I've had better weeks off. :rolleyes: