Well done Francesco

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Blimey. He crushed them (!).

Good to see Noren in form as well. Both of these guys will be important come the autumn.

The last two winners on the European tour are coached by the same guy who charged me £30/30 mins for a couple of lessons last year. I guess I must be a bit of a disappointment to him...

On a slight tangent, I went over to golfwrx to check out the us tournament thread and it is unreadable. Pages of nonsense about tiger. They get the golf TV coverage they deserve. Sadly, it means that we do to.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
From what I saw he just played brilliant golf. Really great to see. Having watched the French Open earlier, I now realise why I enjoy the European events so much more. Proper golf courses and shot making, rather than the bomb it and putt events that seem to be the standard fare for the US.

Really looking forward to the Ryder Cup now, that course could be the ace up our sleeve.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Coming into form at the right time, obviously will get into the Ryder cup team and playing some lovely golf at the moment

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
arguably playing as well as anyone in golf currently, the 36 holes he played over the weekend were simply stunning, didnt miss a GIR on Saturday then rather than defending a lead on Sunday just kept attacking and making birdies, his ball striking is so reliable, if the putter works hes a match for them all

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
clearly justified in his decision, but i still struggle to understand how he would choose this event over the French Open.

Ryder Cup course, Rolex Series event (which he is right up there in), more world ranking points.

Fair Play to him for winning, but did seem weird at the time

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
clearly justified in his decision, but i still struggle to understand how he would choose this event over the French Open.

Ryder Cup course, Rolex Series event (which he is right up there in), more world ranking points.

his argument was he was on the bubble for qualifying for the fedex at the end of season, and in trying to balance the 2 tours he thought this was his best option, hard to argue after he wins by 8, maybe he fancied the course moreso

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Yeah I really thought loads from both teams would take the opportunity to play in France under comp conditions but quite a few missing (which I think some might regret after seeing it on TV) even if the do plan visiting/playing beforehand its not quite the same and i think Thomas will have learn't bucket-loads and put it to good use in Sept

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yeah I really thought loads from both teams would take the opportunity to play in France under comp conditions but quite a few missing (which I think some might regret after seeing it on TV) even if the do plan visiting/playing beforehand its not quite the same and i think Thomas will have learn't bucket-loads and put it to good use in Sept

yes, Thomas gone up in my estimation for going to France. Shame Bubba, didn't go the Locals would have loved to see him again:rofl:

D

Deleted member 15344

Really great win for him - all the focus and talk was on Woods because I believe most of the top guys weren’t playing there so it was a chance for Woods to break his Comp duck so they kept focusing on him ignoring Molinari

Great to see a good number of Europeans having a strong season

Was also surprised more didn’t play in France apart from Thomas who looked like he enjoyed it

D

Deleted member 1147

Really great win for him - all the focus and talk was on Woods because I believe most of the top guys weren’t playing there so it was a chance for Woods to break his Comp duck so they kept focusing on him ignoring Molinari

Was also surprised more didn’t play in France apart from Thomas who looked like he enjoyed it

I saw loads of Molinari, & Ancer, & Hossler & Armour, plus others who were moving in & out of contention (including Tiger)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

sorry Phil but thats just your constant slant on it, every shot Molinari hit pretty much was shown yet you claim they ignored him

did you even watch it?

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry to clarify I didnt say it was the pictures and who they were showing am- it was more about the talking from pundits and commentators and the montages etc - even the articles from GM and Today’s Golfer and NG etc during the Comp were all about Woods , and I stopped watching around 9ish I think it was.

D

Deleted member 16999

Great weekends viewing from Francesco, would of loved him to of got the birdie on the last to break the course record.
He did explain in his interview and Dennis Pugh explained how he made the Fed Ex a priority this season after missing it by one shot last year.
His Ryder Cup place is almost secure after his recent win at Wentworth and other results.
Very good interview afterwards accepting that if the weekend hadn’t gone his way he may of looked silly.