Wednesday Weigh In

DCB

Visit site
Well chaps, another Wednesday morning, the scales groaned , knowing what awaited them as I stumbled to the bathroom.

Another 3.5lb off this week.

Quite happy with that this week.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A few years ago I lost 3 stone. The difference it made to my golf was fantastic. So much fitter, unfortunately it has crept back on again, to many guinneses. But with the better weather coming and the chance to play more golf hopefully it will fade away again without the guinness.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Gasp, something similar mate im hovering between 18st 1 lb/2 lb's so at least anther pound off this week.
The strange thing is all my work trousers are getting bloody loose now. The "insulation" on my midriff, ok, belly, is noticeable softer now and Im starting to feel the muscles underneath again and thats with no real exercise and only one round of 9 holes in 3 weeks, this week isnt looking too good weatherwise either.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
+1lb- that'll be the comfort bar of lard I ate as it was the most depressing day of the year yesterday.
Two steps forward one step back- the trend is still down so no complaints here.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Im going to really press for 17st xxlbs next week, FEEL THE BURN!!!!
Come on John, get your lardy arse into gear, by summer we want to add our combined weight loss and come up with bernard manning.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
just the solitary 1 lb off for me this week - just worked out i broke the no imbibing rule four times this week so can't expect much more than that

will do better next week!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only a pound and a half off this week. Quite happy with that as had to go to a work related function on Saturday so that involved bad food and good booze. Still managed to walk the hangover off over 9 holes on Sunday before the rain came.

BunkerMentality123

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They've changed the scales in my gym to KGs.

When I started two weeks ago I was 92.4kg

Last week 91.6 kg

Now I'm 90.6 kg

Don't know how to convert to stones etc, but at least it's coming down.

Have been going to the gym regularly and am cutting out the mountains of crap I used to get through.

Today I signed up for the London "Half" Marathon in October, what was I drinking????

Hoping to get to about 85kgs at some point which I think is some where near 13 st!!

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
They've changed the scales in my gym to KGs.

When I started two weeks ago I was 92.4kg

Last week 91.6 kg

Now I'm 90.6 kg

Don't know how to convert to stones etc, but at least it's coming down.

Have been going to the gym regularly and am cutting out the mountains of crap I used to get through.

Today I signed up for the London "Half" Marathon in October, what was I drinking????

Hoping to get to about 85kgs at some point which I think is some where near 13 st!!

IMHO I would be a little wary of gym scales.

A) they get hammered to death
B) unless you use a towel/footwear/kit that weight exactly the same to the gramme you're adding another variable
c) unless you weigh in at exactly the same time to the minute(unless it's the first thing you do on Weds. morning) there's another potential inconsistancy
d) verucas :(

FWIW a cheap set of digital scales(easier to read as theres no needle to wobble around) put in the same place on the floor at home (preferably sans carpet), in your birthday suit first thing on a weds. morning offers best consistency.