wedges

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
what wedge do people carry or recomend to carry? i currently got an old dunlop one i got with my original set almost 2yrs ago and the only club i got left to replace. Its a 60* but has had its day its battered. The club i used to play at it was handy as used to hack my self out alot of the rough and over trees. stopped using it it around the greens as was thinning it and made me blob a few holes in stabelford. now i tend to use it out of bunkers as the new course has them on every hole where as the old one had 6 in total, and there isnt as many fairway lined trees

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I suggest you go and see the pro at your new course and see what he suggests. Lots of people now carry 3 or even 4 wedges so there is alot to investigate.
Good luck

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is just me. But I only have the PW&SW. Tried a 60* but was rubbish with it. Plus I learnt the game before all these wedges came out. But everyone to his own. If you feel you need them and know how to use them then go for it.

wolfie677

Hacker
Visit site
I have three - PW, 53* & 58*. For me I love anything inside 100 yds, still working on getting it better though. But I find anything that has a tight pin i use my 58* as once pitched there is minimum roll out. The 53* gives me a little more roll and the PW a little further again. Horses for courses though.