Wedge swing **Video Included**

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Evening chaps.

I'm currently in the process of making swing changes (Better weight transfer forward on my down swing).

To this end I've recorded my Wedge swing tonight for your perusal.

Any and all comments/criticisms welcome.

Also,

Before anyone says anything, the reason I was walking off at the end was to get my divots.... But I didn't think you'd be interested in that ;)

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
that looks pretty damm good.

Nice posture at address. A nice smooth tempo, up and down on the same plane. Very nice swing. :)

My only very slight criticism would be your left foot roll

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
that looks pretty damm good.

Nice posture at address. A nice smooth tempo, up and down on the same plane. Very nice swing. :)

My only very slight criticism would be your left foot roll

Thanks Lump.

I think the roll is coming from the changes I'm in the process making (getting my weight forward ). Again, point taken and will work at keeping it grounded.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you swing all your clubs that smoothly and not try to welly them I can't see you playing off 20 for long.

Thanks R3.

I do now, but haven't always. I only took up the game last year an I'm just looking to get the basics nailed (hence the swing changes). If my handicap drops in the process or as a result then it's a bonus.

EZprophet

Head Pro
Visit site
My advice would be to forget about your swing and hit the putting green to practice your short game because that is by far the best swing I have ever seen on a 20 handicapper, so you must be doing a lot wrong in other areas of your game.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
My advice would be to forget about your swing and hit the putting green to practice your short game because that is by far the best swing I have ever seen on a 20 handicapper, so you must be doing a lot wrong in other areas of your game.

:D To be fair, I do work alot on my wedge play/ short game as I'm of the opinion that this is where the bulk of my scoring will come from.

You're quite right. I have had a tendency to struggle off the tee, mainly getting the ball into a position that gives me a better scoring opportunity, especially on long par 4's and par 5's and found that this was costing me shots.

However, since I've slowed my tempo, especially on the back swing (As well as other already mentioned swing changes), I seem to have found a little more concistancy and my ball flight a little more controlable.

I'm going to try and get driver and long iron videos done this weekend and, hopefully, get that posted for critique.

your arms look a bit 'forced' in the address position tensing up all those big muscles. I think thats what Bob was inferring with his single word however I could be wrong :cool:

So everything is looking good but let those arms hang and you'll feel even smoother.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
your arms look a bit 'forced' in the address position tensing up all those big muscles. I think thats what Bob was inferring with his single word however I could be wrong :cool:

So everything is looking good but let those arms hang and you'll feel even smoother.

You're right on the looks of things and I kind of guessed this is what Bob was getting at.

To be honest I dont feel 'tight' at address, although looking at it on film it does seem it.

Thanks for the advice.