wedge setup

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
I use the 54 from sand as it has a little more bounce.

Which bounce do you have by the way?

I think the 54 has 10 and the 58 has 8. With the 58 I tend to have to hit too hard and then it just flops out and doesn't really have any forward momentum whereas the 54 gets it releasing forward. That said bunker play is probably a pretty weak part of my game. I'm just glad to get out tbh.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I only consider that I have 4 wedges but theoretically have 5! I have 48, 52, 56 and 60. The 48 and 52 vokeys are great for full shots off the fairway. I use the 56 for 60 yards and in - but rarely risk a full shot. I use the 48 for chip and runs around the green and the 60 where I need height. Use either the 60 or 56 in the sand depending on conditions - my 56 has a highish bounce and the 60 has a lowish bounce. I also have another wedge - TM Burner PW - this is 45 I think which I consider to be a 9 iron as the actual 9 iron has a loft of 38 degrees (r7 CGB irons) - therefore needed a club between my 9 iron and 48 degree.

My irons go up to the 6 iron - effectively a 5 iron and I have a 4,3 and 2 hybrids and a driver.

Had a 3 wood - couldn't hit it off the deck very well and was worse off the tee! The 2 hybrid goes further anyway! Got rid of my 5 wood as well as my 3 hybrid was going the same distance.

Works for me.....Any comments?

ps - my first post! So Hi everyone!

Welcome to the forum.

Out of interest, at what distance do you have to switch to your hybrids? anything over 170?

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
PW 46* - For full or half punch shots
50* - Greenside chips and approach shots
54* - Sand and flop shots from 30 yards
58* - Deep bunkers and up and over bunkers and the odd full shot if needed to get over something close to the green.

I rarely take full shots on 54 & 58, I prefer having the 58* than a 5 wood as it gives me more options than a wood.

DingleBerry

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like to have 4 wedges in my bag, Pitch at 45degrees, 52, 56 and 60. Helps alot having the choice and also knowing how far you can hit each club is a bonus. Love my wedges love the short game! cheers! :)

Visit site
I switch to my 4 hybrid at about 190 yards, use my 3 hybrid for 210 or so and the 2 hybrid 230 or so.

Hit my 6 iron about 175 I would guess.

Only been playing a couple of years so not too consistent yet although am now down to 15 handicap.

Cheers