Wedge customised

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi I was wondering if anyone has had their wedges customised and if so by whom? And have you any pics? I’m thinking of having mine done.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems a cheaper option to just replace wedges when worn out.

Could work for some and the customisation does make it more worth it.

Certainly something to look into for clubs you don’t replace often like putters. Some on here change clubs far to often to benefit..

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I cannot say for definite but, sadly, I believe that ICY may have stopped trading.

Certainly the website has closed down.

Great shame if true.

That would be sad as he truly gave a most excellent service. I had my wedges redone by him regularly over the years, each time coming up as new. Unfortunately, it became too much travel wise to keep up with, so I replaced them a year or so back, and haven't seen him of late.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a set of 3 vokeys customised some time ago, as you can see the Cerakote coating DOES wear, they did look very smart initially tho'. Golf Club Refurbs in Manchester did them.

Attachments

• IMG_1546.JPG
    IMG_1546.JPG
    825.1 KB · Views: 28

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Look for a guy called Anthony Taranto on Instagram, He’s Callaways custom wedge guy. Some of his work is stunning.
His hammered mirror wedges are unreal.
Yes seen his stuff, but joe bloggs like me cant buy or get him to customise your wedges

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Yeah a lot of manufacturers offer customisations now. Not looking to buy new wedges thought. Happy with my SM6’s just fancy a bit of personalisation on them. My scotty is custom coloured

Visit site
That would be sad as he truly gave a most excellent service. I had my wedges redone by him regularly over the years, each time coming up as new. Unfortunately, it became too much travel wise to keep up with, so I replaced them a year or so back, and haven't seen him of late.

He’s still going, he’s got a milling machine and doing putters as well. He just advertises on Instagram now.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Yeah a lot of manufacturers offer customisations now. Not looking to buy new wedges thought. Happy with my SM6’s just fancy a bit of personalisation on them. My scotty is custom coloured

Just yesterday had a communication from Taylormade offering customisation on new wedges including stamping and colour. Did the selection to see and it came out at £189 for the one wedge 😳