We Buy Any Car...... and the likes

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyone used any of these type of outfits to offload a car?

Looking for recommendations and who to avoid. I've a car I need to move on quickly.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone used any of these type of outfits to offload a car?

Looking for recommendations and who to avoid. I've a car I need to move on quickly.

Had valuation but never used them Val. The quotes were far short of even bottom book. Mate wenr to a "store" after a valuation that was £1200 under book and then tried to take another £200 off for a stone chip.
They rely on people in your position looking to shift quick. For that single purpose thet seem to do that.
If you can, selling private is always better. Got nearly £1500 more for my 3 series coop than WBAC offered.

D

Deleted member 16999

I used Evans Halshaw about 18 months ago, they guarantee to beat WBAC, did my research, knew the price range to expect privately selling through Autotrader and the likes.
Evans Halshaw offered me £150.00 above my bottom figure, took 1hr and money in my acct within 24hrs, no hassle and no worries.
If you know what you'd take/like for your car it's worth checking them out, get a no obligation offer. Worked for me, may not work for you.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Didn't know they did that Paul, need to look into them.

I've a 13 plate Alfa Guilletta in mint condition with just 17.5k miles on the clock. Bought it on PCP and tinkering with making the final payment and see if I can make enough on it to cover my deposit outlayed on the new one.

I believe a good valet and it would sell through any showroom

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
You could look at sites like Tootle or Wizzle. The site offers your car to dealers and they come back to you and you can compare offers. I think your car has to be less than 10 years old and no more than 100k. I haven't used them before but was close to doing so before I got a private sell.

Last edited:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I asked for a quote a few years ago and it was shockingly low, I didn't expect market value but their quote was a big disappointment.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Used we buy twice. Haggled the price up then refused to budge when they wanted to knock it back down for fair wear and tear. They even got the mgr out last time coz I wouldn't budge. He offered a coin toss for a £50 drop, which I again refused.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Used WBAC to move my late fathers Citroen C3 after he died.
It was a reasonable quote, about £300 below the £2750 value that we sussed through Parkers price guide.

They tried the stone chip trick and were told where to get off.

Main reason for using was that I didn't have time to supervise a private sale and I didn't want my 80 year old mother dealing with tyre kickers calling round.

Dosh was in the account within minutes.

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
We Buy Any Car are an absolutely appalling company. A friend of mine agreed a price with them over the phone for £2,100 (Autotrader suggested £2,300) after he accurately described every blemish. When he got to the depot they reduced the offer to £800 after a quick look at the car. He told them to do one and sold it for close to his asking price.

Last year I sold an old car for £500 privately after they offered me £90.

Bear in mind they also charge an "admin fee" of about £50.

They rely on people being either desperate to sell or not wanting the hassle. That's fine if you're happy to be ripped off.

U

User62651

Received a shockingly low valuation from them before they even inspected so put me right off them. That tv ad they've been running basically stating they'll offer you a weak price but it's worth it as there'll be no hassle as their USP in these days of austerity and financial hardship is crass and not working as a positive advert imo.
Lets be honest it's not that hard to shift a motor privately. If you can afford the loss you'll get by using them then fair do's. Guess they're doing ok as they've been around a good while now.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I sold them a car, full service history and very good condition. Got £300 more than market value. They even upped the offer on the day as the market for them had increased.
What they didn't know, it required cambelt, water pump and new plugs at the next service. £1k easy. Walked away with a real grin on my face having got one over them.

D

Deleted member 16999

I sold them a car, full service history and very good condition. Got £300 more than market value. They even upped the offer on the day as the market for them had increased.
What they didn't know, it required cambelt, water pump and new plugs at the next service. £1k easy. Walked away with a real grin on my face having got one over them.
Why did you feel the need to get one over on them?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've just sent off details of my car to see what they offer me, initial online valuation is around £11.5k I have access to the Glass's guide at work and trade value is about £13.5k so we'll see what they come back with. Not expecting much, reckon it will be a private sale :rolleyes:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Zero complaints from me, used them to rid a car almost 10 years old, think thats the oldest they would take.

Zero hassle, I wasnt in a rush but getting rid when I did saved me hassle. That plus the lack of hassle selling other ways. They even game me a free lift home!

Would deal with again if I have a car on its last legs that I would take a few hundred for.