WD40... magic portion

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have had a small quarter window on night latch to let some fresh air in. I guess it’s been open for about 2 years. Decided to close it since it’s getting too cold.
No points to know that it is now jammed and the key keeps spinning. Gave up after 30 mins of gym time. As an off chance decided to throw some WD40 on it. Got a cup of tea and hey presto.. window is as good as new...

Is there anything a WD40 cannot fix?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We have had a small quarter window on night latch to let some fresh air in. I guess it’s been open for about 2 years. Decided to close it since it’s getting too cold.
No points to know that it is now jammed and the key keeps spinning. Gave up after 30 mins of gym time. As an off chance decided to throw some WD40 on it. Got a cup of tea and hey presto.. window is as good as new...

Is there anything a WD40 cannot fix?

3 legged cat?

U

User62651

WD40 could have a thread of it's own. Brilliant stuff.

Tip1 - wipe the edge of your windscreen wiper blades with wd40 on a rag - gives the ageing rubber blades a de-grime and a new lease of life..............and you can see where you're going in the rain.:oops:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

Tip1 - wipe the edge of your windscreen wiper blades with wd40 on a rag - gives the ageing rubber blades a de-grime and a new lease of life..............and you can see where you're going in the rain.:oops:

Never ending uses. I've not heard of this one, but as soon as the snow melts off the car I'll give this a go.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Never heard that one... will try it out when I start driving again.. next April?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

?. You run the risk of degrading the rubber and shortening the life of the blade if this is done regularly. Far better to use Rain X or something similar on the windscreen and the blade.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
?. You run the risk of degrading the rubber and shortening the life of the blade if this is done regularly. Far better to use Rain X or something similar on the windscreen and the blade.

Yes, it will temporarily revamp old blades, but it is really only a stop gap until you can get new ones.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Daftest yet.( Legal stuff you are not being advised to try it.)
Fishing a few years ago, bad knee, before my arthroscopy, I was complaining about it, and the fishery owner informed me of a mate who tried it on his bad knee, and swore it "did the trick"
Course I talked of taking the wee wee, but he swore that the bloke was being serious?