Waterproofs

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi everyone the pocket on my Sunice Goretex Waterproof Jacket has pulled away at the seam.
Im now thinking of getting a new set of waterproofs so would like people’s opinions.
I now everyone is going to say get Galvin Greens but I don’t play that much in the rain and can’t really afford or justify spending that sort of money although I know they are top quality.
So if people have options and experience on other makes it would be great thanks.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It IS possible to get Goretex repaired - and retain/regain waterproof quality!

So possibly a much more cost-effective solution than new kit!

Sunice is (was) pretty good gear.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ask Sunice if they can repair it.

I once had a zip go on a ProQuip jacket (well out of warranty) and they replaced it FoC.

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Trying to get in touch with Sunice to start with and take it from there.
I have looked at the proquip storm force px5 and was considering

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hi everyone the pocket on my Sunice Goretex Waterproof Jacket has pulled away at the seam.
Im now thinking of getting a new set of waterproofs so would like people’s opinions.
I now everyone is going to say get Galvin Greens but I don’t play that much in the rain and can’t really afford or justify spending that sort of money although I know they are top quality.
So if people have options and experience on other makes it would be great thanks.

Have a look here. https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Waterproofs.html#usestorage Decent service and use them a lot

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This may sound a stupid question but what is the difference between high value and low value waterproofs?

I wear Slazenger waterproofs and they keep me dry?

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Very disappointing outcome apparently the warranty on the Sunice goretex Jacket is on the waterproofing only. And not on damage to the pocket, well I didn’t damage the pocket it just came away at the seem. Very disappointing outcome on a 4 year old jacket probably not worn more than 40 times.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very disappointing outcome apparently the warranty on the Sunice goretex Jacket is on the waterproofing only. And not on damage to the pocket, well I didn’t damage the pocket it just came away at the seem. Very disappointing outcome on a 4 year old jacket probably not worn more than 40 times.
Sorry, but do you take the same veiw on a 4 year old coat or anything ? These things happen, take responsibility for it.
You could get it repiared, there are places that will repair it for you.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site

Don't worry the summer dry weather is here to stay :thup:

Ragamuffin Gunner

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have one of those Galvin Green jackets that is supposed to be “...the perfect jacket for 95% of rounds.” In truth I’ve found it more than a little too warm during the past fortnight here is sunny Surrey.

Should I seek a refund?