Waterproof Trousers

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can anyone recommend any golf trousers for the winter that provide decent protection from a rain shower?

I don't mean the lightweight over trousers, but those that can be worn for a round over the coming months.

tia

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have two pairs of the Cutter & Buck Rain Resistent trousers which do the job in autumn /winter. They're £29.99 from County Golf. They're not so good in the hot weather as being teflon coated they cause 'sweating'

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have two pairs of the Cutter & Buck Rain Resistent trousers which do the job in autumn /winter. They're £29.99 from County Golf. They're not so good in the hot weather as being teflon coated they cause 'sweating'
Yeah I have one pair and would back this up. Good at keeping a shower off your legs. Don't wear them if there's any chance of the sun coming out. :LOL:

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't have them but the Stromberg Wintra range always get decent reviews on here.
Yip, I have a couple of pairs of these. Lightly lined so they're warmer without being too hot. And a good showerproof outer layer. Not great in a monsoon, but very good in light rain. I much prefer them to having to keeping pulling over-trousers on and off on showery days. They do rustle a bit as you walk.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't wear them any more but did for years - indestructible.
Slazenger are not what they were since Fat Mike bought them. Materials about as cheap as you can get, a fair chance the stitching comes apart before very long. That happened with some Slazenger shorts and trousers I bought a while back. Buy cheap, buy twice is true in their case.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would not be allowed where I play we have a ban on trousers with side pockets, much to my annoyance as it meant about 50% of my trousers and shorts could not be worn on the course when it was introduced.
Any reason why they are singled out? I know your club is not alone in this but I've yet to hear a decent reason for it. You say you were there when it was introduced so they clearly offended someone enough it's not just one of those historical rulings.